• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone interested in a shooting area clean up? (outside Mollola

VW_Factor

My wife and I haven't exactly had a lot of time to investigate any shooting ranges near our area. So we asked some people and come up with a gravel pit / shooting area outside Mollala. We recently purchased a couple new handguns and wanted a place to be able to break them in (these two were noted in the manufacturers documents that they recommend 200 rounds at least)

First visit, made it completely obvious that its a shooting area. Shotgun shells everywhere, empty ammo boxes, garbage, etc.. We were very disappointed that shooters in the area will leave stuff behind like that.

Anyway, next weekend we headed up again with a couple more boxes of ammo. Must have been a busy week up there. Computers, TVs, buckets, broken glass, plastic bottles... Yeah, even more garbage in merely 1 weeks time. Now, Im all for shooting some garbage, or random stuff you don't like anymore.. But really. You bring it, after you are done destroying the stupid thing, pack it back out with you!

So we have toyed with the idea of getting a trailer or something and hauling it up there for perhaps a cleanup weekend. If we get some shooters that actually care about their shooting areas, perhaps we can get some others to follow suit..

Anyone interested in helping out with such a thing?

Cremator75

Could you Google map it or something so we can see where it is? I don't mind helping out and am always up to finding a new shooting area, but my travel is limited right now.