• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Woman Raped in Grant County

theoicarry

I see another lady was assaulted after her car broke down on Sunday evening. I guess some years ago, she would have been given a ride to safety, may be even a ride home. If this was my daughter, wife, family member etc... I would be, I cannot say how I would be. The honest citizen deserves the right to defend themselves. I could say much more!

Captain Nemo

This is just one more reason why ss167.31 has to go. We have to pound it into the legislature's head and the governor's head that the law was never intended to be a public safety measure. It was intended to be a game management tool for the DNR. A little research will show that that was the legislative intent, loud and clear. The meager fine not to exceed $100 is no deterent to a criminal when a crime with a firearm enhancement carries a penalty of years in prison, not to mention being branded a felon. Officer safety is an excuse not a significant reason to preserve 167.31. I posted earlier that in 2010 of a population of 800,000 law enforcement officers 49 were killed by gunfire. Certainly not all 49 were killed by people transporting firearms in violation of 167.31. That same report listed 71 killed by some vehicle involvement. Cops have no more reason to fear law abiding citizens carrying firearms in vehicles than they have with those law abiding citizens who open carry on the street. Also 167.31 doesn't mean diddley squat to crooks. The threat of a $100 fine is no deterrent when their mind is set on crimes with greater risk. Time to start pounding the keyboards on this issue.

J.Gleason

Banned
To be honest, the only way these statutes are going to go away other than repeal is by people just doing it. Now I am not giving anyone advice to break the law but the reality is, the only way they are going to be challenged is in court and in order for that to happen some one has to be cited for vehicle carry and let it roll through the court system so it can be defeated once and for all.

The same for CCW. Even if these legislators pass a bogus CCW Bill it will come complete with infringements like mandated training, permits and fees which will be un-affordable to many. These issues will need to be challenged in court and the only way they will get there is by some one being cited or arrested and rolling it through the court system so it can also be defeated once and for all.

Last edited:

J.Gleason

Banned
You may be right and it will be enjoyable to watch as some of them are removed for lying through their campaigns should they stumble on the gun rights issue. It will become the Wisconsin Recall Season. (Hunting a new kind of "white tail" of sorts).

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Bad news Democrats _ 2012 could be worse than 2010 Remember, the DnR aren't different

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20101109/D9JCSAI80.html
My Way said:
Senate Democrats running in 2012 will be trying to hold their jobs in states where Republicans just scored major congressional and gubernatorial victories - Florida, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, New Mexico and Virginia.

The Democrats' problems don't end with senators.

[ ... ]

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Help spread the word about repealing 941.23

I see another lady was assaulted after her car broke down on Sunday evening. I guess some years ago, she would have been given a ride to safety, may be even a ride home. If this was my daughter, wife, family member etc... I would be, I cannot say how I would be. The honest citizen deserves the right to defend themselves. I could say much more!

A local story like this is a great opportunity to voice comments and start educating Wisconsin about repealing 941.23. Surf over to the comments and support what I started.

hardballer

Agreed! "If this was my daughter, wife, family member etc... I would be, I cannot say how I would be."

This is just one more reason why ss167.31 has to go. We have to pound it into the legislature's head and the governor's head that the law was never intended to be a public safety measure. It was intended to be a game management tool for the DNR. A little research will show that that was the legislative intent, loud and clear. The meager fine not to exceed $100 is no deterent to a criminal when a crime with a firearm enhancement carries a penalty of years in prison, not to mention being branded a felon. Officer safety is an excuse not a significant reason to preserve 167.31. I posted earlier that in 2010 of a population of 800,000 law enforcement officers 49 were killed by gunfire. Certainly not all 49 were killed by people transporting firearms in violation of 167.31. That same report listed 71 killed by some vehicle involvement. Cops have no more reason to fear law abiding citizens carrying firearms in vehicles than they have with those law abiding citizens who open carry on the street. Also 167.31 doesn't mean diddley squat to crooks. The threat of a $100 fine is no deterrent when their mind is set on crimes with greater risk. Time to start pounding the keyboards on this issue.

Yup! "We have to pound it into the legislature's head and the governor's head that the law was never intended to be a public safety measure. It was intended to be a game management tool for the DNR."

To be honest, the only way these statutes are going to go away other than repeal is by people just doing it. Now I am not giving anyone advice to break the law but the reality is, the only way they are going to be challenged is in court and in order for that to happen some one has to be cited for vehicle carry and let it roll through the court system so it can be defeated once and for all.

The same for CCW. Even if these legislators pass a bogus CCW Bill it will come complete with infringements like mandated training, permits and fees which will be un-affordable to many. These issues will need to be challenged in court and the only way they will get there is by some one being cited or arrested and rolling it through the court system so it can also be defeated once and for all.

+1 "infringements, un-affordable, challenged, defeated once and for all."

You may be right and it will be enjoyable to watch as some of them are removed for lying through their campaigns should they stumble on the gun rights issue. It will become the Wisconsin Recall Season. (Hunting a new kind of "white tail" of sorts).
Arrogance will be punished.

AaronS

I sure do wish the family could pick the punishment.
I say cut it off, put it in his mouth, and watch him die of blood loss.
Feed him to the pigs when done.

MKEgal

I sure do wish the family could pick the punishment.
I say cut it off, put it in his mouth, and watch him die of blood loss.
Feed him to the pigs when done.

I heard a more imaginative torture, from someone who grew up around cattle.
Apparently a calf will try to suckle anything that looks like a teat.

Tie the guy face-out around a tree, or spread-eagle to the side of a barn, or something like that, put a little milk on the little thing, and show a hungry calf. Adding a tube taped to his belly that would dribble milk into the area would encourage the calf.

It also helps the vision of a properly dealt-with rapist if you know that, to encourage a cow to let down her milk, the calves butt her with their heads. Imagine that solid little skull hitting the rapist's tender bits...
Brings a smile to my face. :)

~~~~~

Then there's the one suggested by someone who thinks much darker thoughts than I:
Get a small-diameter glass tube or rod, like is used in a chemistry lab.
Insert it.
Clap it between 2 bricks.

All the men reading that just winced & tried to curl up.
The real reason women aren't allowed in military "combat positions" is because we're too bloody-minded.
Men fight fair; women don't.

Last edited:

Motofixxer

Now that's kinda disturbing. But I do think the punishments should be a little harsher and fitting. Rather than lockem up, why not give more creative sentences? Oh that's right because then they wouldn't be thrown into the ______ to make more jobs for the __________ and more money for the _____________ . Creating a vicious revenue cycle out of the ________ .

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Then there's the one suggested by someone who thinks much darker thoughts than I:
Get a small-diameter glass tube or rod, like is used in a chemistry lab. Insert it. Clap it between 2 bricks.

All the men reading that just winced & tried to curl up. The real reason women aren't allowed in military "combat positions" is because we're too bloody-minded. Men fight fair; women don't.
Right out of the Geheime Staatspolizei playbook. I am sure that there were distaff GESTAPettes.

We Americans have our own internal federal police, let's not encourage them. We're cursed enough by charges of waterboarding.

Krusty

I have a friend that takes her walks before she goes to work. I told her of this Grant County incident only to give her notice to be extra careful during her walks. The message was received and I believe she may soon become a WCI member. I can see one of her future walks taking her (us) to the gun shop!

J.Gleason

Banned
I heard a more imaginative torture, from someone who grew up around cattle.
Apparently a calf will try to suckle anything that looks like a teat.

Tie the guy face-out around a tree, or spread-eagle to the side of a barn, or something like that, put a little milk on the little thing, and show a hungry calf. Adding a tube taped to his belly that would dribble milk into the area would encourage the calf.

It also helps the vision of a properly dealt-with rapist if you know that, to encourage a cow to let down her milk, the calves butt her with their heads. Imagine that solid little skull hitting the rapist's tender bits...
Brings a smile to my face. :)

~~~~~

Get a small-diameter glass tube or rod, like is used in a chemistry lab.
Insert it.
Clap it between 2 bricks.

All the men reading that just winced & tried to curl up.
The real reason women aren't allowed in military "combat positions" is because we're too bloody-minded.
Men fight fair; women don't.

Awesome!

theoicarry

MKE Gal

Some great ideas.
I have one more. Turn them over to family members, NO Questions Asked! This would also save our system millions of dollars in Legal fees and jail food. My Granddaughters are 2 and 5, their dad will make certain they will be able to defend themselves.
Thanks to all whom replied and took the time to read.

LR Yote 312

If this was my daughter, wife, family member etc... I would be, I cannot say how I would be.

Take my word for it. I hope that with any and all sincerity I can express here that none of you ever have to find out.
It stays with the victim for many many years afterwards.

I know some one that was sexually assaulted. Even tho it happened a number of years before I met her,for the 6 years I knew her the blood curdling screams in the middle of the night from her night terrors sure put a limit on my sleep.

You dont ever ever want to know how helpless it makes you feel as friend,boyfriend,husband of the person that was assaulted.

LR Yote 312

theoicarry

I cannot imagine, and do not want to. This is what we need to do is protect our family the best we can, and teach them to protect themselves, even when they baulk at CC. Just went through this during this evening. We will teach our spouses, children, and grandchildren to defend them selves, much like using a cell phone. Learn and be comfortable.

Beretta-m9

I cannot imagine, and do not want to. This is what we need to do is protect our family the best we can, and teach them to protect themselves, even when they baulk at CC. Just went through this during this evening. We will teach our spouses, children, and grandchildren to defend them selves, much like using a cell phone. Learn and be comfortable.

+1

the best way to defend your family is to educate them of what could happen and how to deal with it if it does. It's like being ready for a fire, we drill our family and pratice the drill so in the unlikely event of a fire we can act with speed and confidence, self defence should be no different.