• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Weekly San Diego OC Meet 5

Firemark

Monday the 15th of November we will meet at

The Firehouse Eatery
http://www.firehousepb.com/
7-9 pm as usual, the owner Matt is very supportive and pro 2A and is offering our group a 20% discount. The reservation is under "Open Carry".

With last weeks attendence being 13 carriers and a few non carriers turn out is excellent. Remember to bring any friends or anyone with interest in UOC and even those who are not sure or have questions. It always leads to great conversation.

Topics will of course be the Peruta case (same day as the court hearing) as well as information on how to carry and protect yourself from bad encounters with public and LE.

AntMan

I won't be able to make it, I usually have plans on Monday nights as it is. Last week was fun though, and I will definitely make it out again.

K

kittyhawk63

My brother's birthday is Nov. 15th. He loves firearms. He is really sick and cannot get out and hunt or fish anymore. He was an avid sportsman. You guys wish my brother a happy birthday when you get together on Wednesday. His name is David. Raise your glasses and say, "Happy Birthday, David." Water glasses are acceptable.
kittyhawk63

Firemark

I know there are quite alot of lurkers out there viewing this thread but not actually responding. Which I guess is fine, many of you may have been considering UOC'ing but as of yet have not ventured out to try or to attend a meet up.

This weeks meet up is in a restaurant where the OWNER is well known and is very supportive of 2A rights, so for you first timers this is the perfect opportunity.

As for carrying in the PB area as long as you stay west of Dawes st. you will not come close to any schools, and just stay out of the public beach restrooms and the beach itself they are off limits.

Please RSVP this thread so I can get a head count incase the reservation needs to be changed, or if you have any questions.

elsensei

I will be there but late, probably 8 or 830. It might be a good idea to have sd ccw apps printed out and ready to fill out.

Edward Peruta

Maybe

Now that I'm back in San Diego I will try to find the time to attend, my wife and I had a very interesting trip west. You can read about it at www.edperuta.com.

For several reasons I will NOT be openly carrying a weapon, the first being is that I don't want any incidents to cloud the issues with the pending litigation.

I would like an oppurtunity to put faces to the names of those who post here on Open Carry.

I'd like to thank everyone here on open carry who has supported the case in San Diego.

Ed Peruta

Firemark

Now that I'm back in San Diego I will try to find the time to attend, my wife and I had a very interesting trip west. You can read about it at www.edperuta.com.

For several reasons I will NOT be openly carrying a weapon, the first being is that I don't want any incidents to cloud the issues with the pending litigation.

I would like an oppurtunity to put faces to the names of those who post here on Open Carry.

I'd like to thank everyone here on open carry who has supported the case in San Diego.

Ed Peruta

Ed you and your wife are very welcome to attend, we would all love to talk with you about the case and your travels. Understandable to not cloud issues by not carrying I dont think anyone would think less of you. ;)

Think it might be a little early to bring CCW permit applications, dont want to jinx anything, but I can bring my blank packet so everyone can preview it. Who knows the application may change after Monday.

AntMan

I know there are quite alot of lurkers out there viewing this thread but not actually responding. Which I guess is fine, many of you may have been considering UOC'ing but as of yet have not ventured out to try or to attend a meet up.

Absolutely, last week was my first time open carrying, I was a bit nervous about carrying and meeting everyone, but everyone had great attitudes and were very welcoming. I felt a lot more confident after UOC-ing with a group and asking any lingering questions I had face to face.

I really wish I could make it again, I almost hoping my plans fall through just so I can go!

Gundude

Ed Peruta

I'm glad you and the Mrs. weren't hurt. It could have been a lot worse.
+ 1 on the tush push. :D