• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sacramento Open Carry Event Pizza 11/13

puppy8agun

Sacramento Open Carry is hosting an open carry event 11/13 6-8 pm at Extreme Pizza 1140 Exposition Blvd # 200, Sacramento, CA.

We check, however, participating individuals are asked to verify that all meetup locations are not within 1,000 feet of a K-12 school or otherwise in an area where open carry is unlawful.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=166814263344498

I have also posted an events calender for things to do for the gun nuts like myself.
http://30boxes.com/widget/8212405/AlanyHelmantoler/7f95273d29c1b6ee7853c50160f4dd9d/0/

I hope this will help. Anybody interested in adding please let me know. I avoid members only events.

Last edited:

quailman

Hi My name is Jim, I have 5 to 15 friends that are interested in meeting you and other UOC'rs at this event as we have a few questions. Is it ok that we come introduce ourselves, ask questions, and patronize this fine business? We have a very high respect for you guys that have started this movement and would like to join in. we do not want to screw it up though by doing something wrong so that is why we would like to meet you and get this going in Sacramento more often. Oh I have been following this forum for about 6 months now, this is the first time I have responded to any threads. Thanks.

JJ

All Are Welcome

Hi My name is Jim, I have 5 to 15 friends that are interested in meeting you and other UOC'rs at this event as we have a few questions. Is it ok that we come introduce ourselves, ask questions, and patronize this fine business? We have a very high respect for you guys that have started this movement and would like to join in. we do not want to screw it up though by doing something wrong so that is why we would like to meet you and get this going in Sacramento more often. Oh I have been following this forum for about 6 months now, this is the first time I have responded to any threads. Thanks.

Hey Jim, thanks for responding. All are welcome to attend this meet up. We would love to meet you and your friends and answer any questions you may have.

In addition to following the forum I am guessing you have read all the newbie threads and studied all the laws pertaining to Open Carry. Some of it can be confusing and not completely clear at first. I also followed the forum for about six months and seeked advice from one of the pioneers of Open Carry before I chose to start carrying. This was before any of the organized meet ups had begun.

I am also guessing you have not OC'd yet?? Just curious.

The main things are: (1) Your gun and magazines must NOT be concealed.
(2) Your gun MUST be in a locked container (glovebox does not qualify) if you are within 1,000 feet (as a crow flies) of any K-12 school (public or private) property line.
(3) You must not enter any Government buildings with your weapon. (Post office, court house, etc.)
(4) Never handle your gun in public. (unless removing or placing back in your lock box)
(5) Always be respectful to Law Enforcement.
Of course this is not everything, just the main points. You, and only you, are ultimately responsible for ensuring that you are in compliance with all applicable laws.

Another good site for consolidated info is Californiaopencarry.org, check it out, you won't have to search around as much for all the main do's and don't's of Open Carry.

See you and your friends Saturday!

Jerry J.

puppy8agun

You are more than welcome to come, participate or just come and hang out. You can find some information at http://californiaopencarry.org/

We are trying to get Sacramento up and running. Need some people who are willing to assist too. Your city council has a member of the Brady Campaign on it so it is important to get more people involved in the area.

I usually post these events on facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sacramento-Open-Carry/296493413443 --And--
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nor-Cal-Open-Carry/370861594139

I also have an online calender of open carry events. http://30boxes.com/widget/8212405/A...9c1b6ee7853c50160f4dd9d/0/?&tz=480&width=1262

K

kittyhawk63

Another good site for consolidated info is Californiaopencarry.org, check it out, you won't have to search around as much for all the main do's and don't's of Open Carry. Jerry J.

We have someone working on a Manual for Open Carry right now for this website.

K

kittyhawk63

you guys know that there is an FAQ for all of this stuff, right?

Yes, we know. We are getting all the laws together so they can be printed out in a manual form. You cannot do that directly from the FAQ.

quailman

Thanks for the Invite Jerry. I dont know how many will be coming for sure, but several showed interest in coming. I will be there for sure! Looking forward to meeting you. Jim

puppy8agun

I had a great time too. The pizza place was very happy to have us which makes it better. Remember to not mention guns but write some online reviews.

Iopencarry

Another great meet-up without issues. No one called the cops, no one ran screaming from the room, no kids or old ladies fainting in the sight of a law abiding citizen open carrying a gun.
Best of all, NO ARMED ROBBERIES of the Restaurant, or its patrons.

quailman

I want to thank all the regulars and the newbes like myself that came out to this event. You regulars were very informative and helpful with our questions. To be honest I didnt notice anyone out of the group even taking notice that there were open carriers in the Pizza place. I think I would have been suprised if LEO showed up. Again thanks to all of you who made the trip to Sacramento!