• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti-gun "men".

Deanimator

Misogyny appears to be an important component in anti-gun fanaticism.

I once encountered a Brit in usenet who declared that women shouldn't be allowed to own and carry guns because he was "afraid that he'd be mistaken for a rapist and shot". I replied,

"How is it that you act around women that you seriously expect to be 'mistaken' for a rapist? Put down that butcher knife and pull up your pants and you'll be just fine."

I've often heard it claimed that women shouldn't be allowed access for firearms because their firearm will just be "taken away from them". If that were really the case, isn't it wildly irresponsible to allow policewomen to carry firearms which they'll just give to criminals at the first opportunity? Won't female soldiers and Marines just wander the battlefields looking for a jihadi to toss their M4 to? Won't female pilots land their aircraft at enemy airfields so as to turn them over? Won't female ship captains sail into enemy harbors at the first opportunity to give their ships away? If elected President, wouldn't Hillary Clinton have flown straight to Teheran to give the "football" to Mahmound Ahmadinejad?

More than a few male anti-gunners I've seen had attitudes toward women which wouldn't seem at all out of place in a Taliban run madrassa.