Thread: open carry nation wide

Thumbs up open carry nation wide

would like to see open carry legallized nation wide,who with me

All of us =P
    "You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence."
    -- Charles A. Beard
    XD(m) 9mm

indeed, i think if anyone actually came out against that(at least at this site) they would reveal something rather alarming about themselves........
    If guns cause crime.....mine must be defective.

That would be cool in every state with no problems from anyone including cops, that would be a perfect world.

You mean sort of like how we all have the right to worship in every state, without a license?
    Or how we all have the right to speak in every state, without a license?
    Or... well, you get the picture.
    Yes, all of us here want, and most of us are working toward, open carry being just like any other right.

Quote Originally Posted by crzyjarmans View Post
    I don't want to say this as an argument, as I am 100% in agreement with you. However
    I am learning that words are important, I have been schooled on OCDO many times.
    What I am trying to say is, I would change the word legalized for recognized, we are all aware the the 2nd-A makes it legal, its those &#$@*?$ infringments that keep people from recognizing our sacred rights, jus sayin.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DON`T TREAD ON ME View Post
    I don't want to say this as an argument, as I am 100% in agreement with you. However
    I am learning that words are important, I have been schooled on OCDO many times.
    What I am trying to say is, I would change the word legalized for recognized, we are all aware the the 2nd-A makes it legal, its those &#$@*?$ infringments that keep people from recognizing our sacred rights, jus sayin.
    thanks for the correction in my meaning,the constitution is nation wide and we all should be able to carry weather home in our own state or 2000miles away visiting family/friends with out,

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    You mean sort of like how we all have the right to worship in every state, without a license?
    Or how we all have the right to speak in every state, without a license?
    Or... well, you get the picture.
    Yes, all of us here want, and most of us are working toward, open carry being just like any other right.
    Arguments could be made that the "rights" that you mentioned are no more honored than the second ammendment. In fact, I could make an argument that while it appears we are making inroads into protecting the 2a nationwide, other rights are slipping away. If you think 1A protecting your right to freedom of Religion is intact, try having a church that is not incorporated or IRS 501C3 and see what happens. Try to excercise your right to speak out against your government in certain places. The 4th and 5th are trampled on every day in every way in every part of this country. You think your house that is paid for free and clear is really yours? Try not paying property taxes. We must fight eternally for each of our rights. My opinion is that the 10th ammendment is the most important overall as without it all of our rights can easily be drained away. Protecting the 2A is just one point in a greater cause.

TBG

As I posted on the Az. thread, there are 90,000,000 gun owners in the US. if we all would stand together ( not CC here, OC there, hunters or the ones that say its` OK to have a firearm in your house but can`t see why someone would carry at all) we would have national open carry, constitutional carry, do away with all gun bans and bring every business not friendly to our 2nd amendment rights to there knees over night. The question is! How do we get all gun owners to stand together for the common good?

I thought the NRA was not friendly with the idea of open carry, am I wrong? I know you are not a spokesman for the NRA but you are a member right? We as gun owners need them on board in a big way.

Quote Originally Posted by rickc1962 View Post
    The question is! How do we get all gun owners to stand together for the common good?
    This reminds me of an old Hagor the Horrible comic strip where the one guy with his finger in the air proclaims that "there will never be peace in the world until all men learn to communicate." Hagor, deep in thought responds, "yeah, but how are we gonna get them all to speak Norwegian?"

TBG

I like what Rick is saying, The founding fathers did not care if someone didn't believe in God, and would probably be cool with someone firing up a Joint. Freedom is more important than morals or values, because without freedom, all you have is someone elses morals and values.

Centurion
    For get OPEN CARRY nation wide.... I want CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY(open, concealed, loaded, unloaded.... ANYWAY I WANT) NATION WIDE...

The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed!
    Last edited by JoeSparky; 12-27-2010 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Guy View Post
    Arguments could be made that the "rights" that you mentioned are no more honored than the second ammendment. In fact, I could make an argument that while it appears we are making inroads into protecting the 2a nationwide, other rights are slipping away. If you think 1A protecting your right to freedom of Religion is intact, try having a church that is not incorporated or IRS 501C3 and see what happens. Try to excercise your right to speak out against your government in certain places. The 4th and 5th are trampled on every day in every way in every part of this country. You think your house that is paid for free and clear is really yours? Try not paying property taxes. We must fight eternally for each of our rights. My opinion is that the 10th ammendment is the most important overall as without it all of our rights can easily be drained away. Protecting the 2A is just one point in a greater cause.

TBG
    Arizona is doing the 10th amendment, as the feds are trying to sue them.
    Yet Arizona is the freest state in the west now. Go Arizona !
    Nevada is the next best. One state at a time is the only way to win.
    Yes the fight for Freedom never ends. Change comes slow.

Robin47

28kfps
    Quote Originally Posted by DON`T TREAD ON ME View Post
    I like what Rick is saying, The founding fathers did not care if someone didn't believe in God, and would probably be cool with someone firing up a Joint. Freedom is more important than morals or values, because without freedom, all you have is someone elses morals and values.
    Not sure about the statement the founding fathers did not care if someone believed in God however there has been many scholars in recent years researching the founding fathers prior writings base on the results at least by these scholars the majority of the founding fathers had very strong biblical based morals and values. They concluded our constitution was developed with a strong biblical influence. Freedom has to have boundaries. Many of these boundaries are based on morals and values. Not trying to sneak in a side debate just my 0.02$. I do agree the right to bear arms says national open carry to me.

I don't understand why people keep thinking morals and values come from religion. It is the other way round. Freedom is not a difficult concept.

28kfps
    Quote Originally Posted by greengum View Post
    I don't understand why people keep thinking morals and values come from religion. It is the other way round. Freedom is not a difficult concept.
    What is your definition of religion? I never said anything about religion.

on NRA

Quote Originally Posted by rickc1962 View Post
    I thought the NRA was not friendly with the idea of open carry, am I wrong? I know you are not a spokesman for the NRA but you are a member right? We as gun owners need them on board in a big way.
    actually, Im am a member, to my knowledge your right there not to friendly with oc and would like to see that changed,but they do help support the right to keep and bear is the reason I joined,and with any hope in the near future they will come around with the oc people
    Last edited by crzyjarmans; 12-29-2010 at 09:39 PM.

actually, Im am a member, to my knowledge your right there not to friendly with oc and would like to see that changed,but they do help support the right to keep and bear is the reason I joined,and with any hope in the near future they will come around with the oc people
    I totally agree with your statement that thay do help in a strang way, I listen to Cam & co. as much as I can, and call or send talk backs whenever thay talk about Az. or Nv. and open carry or constitutional carry to give my point of view, I can`t join tho because I will not fight the groups I give money to. I do hope thay come around to the right way of thinking, just think of all the NRA guys, the hunters, the sportsmen, and the collecters standing togather for the 2nd Amendment. We would have Constitutional Carry and Open Carry in all 50 states in know time at all, a dream come true.

28kfps
    I am a member also; parents signed me and my sister up as a kids. Our family Saturday outings were at the NRA small-bore range. I too do not agree with some of their positions and decisions however, I believe the reason we have the rights we do have is because of the NRAs power. When it comes time for the politicians to make their running platforms about gun rights the one organization you hear them talk about more than any other is the NRA. Love or hate the organization one thing is for sure the NRA carries the largest club.
    Last edited by 28kfps; 12-30-2010 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Because I failed at sentence structure, spelling, reading, remembering the correct use of same sounding words.