Thread: Functional Flintlock/Percussion Cap Replica Dueling Pistols

Functional Flintlock/Percussion Cap Replica Dueling Pistols

Hi all,

This might be the wrong forum, but help me if you can. On my list "to own" are a set of working replica dueling pistols. I'm not an antiquer because I don't want to worry about something's value getting destroyed. I don't see the point of "cool" gun displays that don't function. I know operable replicas exist, but haven't the foggiest where to start looking. Any help?

gunbroker (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=199300956) or any other online firearm sales site.
    If guns cause crime.....mine must be defective.

Thanks. I think part of my problem is looking for "replica" instead of "reproduction". The former seems to mean "stage prop".

You're looking for a flintlock pistol (aka muzzle load pistol)

My neighbor has several. He is a muzzle load hunter and here in WA they have to be flintlock style.

he has three single shot (the style you are likely looking for) and one 5 shot revolver.

He purchased one of them at a local shop which caters to the sport... the other two he bought at Cabelas.

Quote Originally Posted by mahkagari View Post
    This might be the wrong forum, but help me if you can. On my list "to own" are a set of working replica dueling pistols.
    Have you tried Googling "YourHomeTown" and "black powder"? That should bring up a list of stores in your area. The one here in Colorado Springs has a number of black powder pistols and revolvers, some flintlock, some percussion cap. You might not find a "matched pair" complete in a box, but if you find two that you really like, you can always have a display box made.

Mine is a .44 cal cap and ball black powder revolver. It was a gift, back in 1993, and ran around $150 back then. These days, an identical model runs around $340. If you want to get pretty, flintlocks with pearl handles, you could easily be looking at more than $1,000 each.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.