Thread: Share your firearms! You never Know!!

, ,

Lightbulb Share your firearms! You never Know!!

I recently have converted an antigun extremely liberal couple to gun owners.
    They even voted for Obummer. But through taking them to the shooting range and
    showing them that guns aren't evil and that they cAn't do anything without someone
    behind them they won't do anything to people. They are now the proud owners
    of a Taurus (I know! I know) .357 revolver. I taught them how and I am continuing to
    teach them how to shoot and clean it. Also, I hae even taken my college professor
    and his wife shooting and they are now pondering a home
    defense firearm. That just goes to show us that no matter
    who the person us or what kind of political views they may hold
    a little patience Abd alot of teaching goes a long way. So invite people
    out with you and show them that what they might have heard,seen or thought
    could be wrong.

Invisible Mode
    Excellent job, SB!!

I'm working on someone I know who lives in the most anti-gun city in America. He thinks all guns are bad and all gun carriers are probably criminals. He's never fired a gun in his life. But he will soon . . .

Seattle, Washington, USA
    Like most hot-button issues in this country it is simply a matter of education!

In My Coffee
    Quote Originally Posted by daddy4count View Post
    Like most hot-button issues in this country it is simply a matter of education!
    It isn't the liberal, it is the misinformation about firearms. I know many liberal Obama voters that own, are interested in, and support the Second Amendment. Once that first shot goes off, that innate draw to firearms, and the sweet smell of spent powder sends most people over the edge to wanting more
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Pasco, Washington, USA
    I'm doing just that.

Tomorrow I'm taking my buddy & his wife to the range for "date night" to teach her how to handle & shoot a handgun. Introducing and educating others is one of my favorite aspects of the shooting sports.