• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Share your firearms! You never Know!!

sandbandit0331

I recently have converted an antigun extremely liberal couple to gun owners.
They even voted for Obummer. But through taking them to the shooting range and
showing them that guns aren't evil and that they cAn't do anything without someone
behind them they won't do anything to people. They are now the proud owners
of a Taurus (I know! I know) .357 revolver. I taught them how and I am continuing to
teach them how to shoot and clean it. Also, I hae even taken my college professor
and his wife shooting and they are now pondering a home
defense firearm. That just goes to show us that no matter
who the person us or what kind of political views they may hold
a little patience Abd alot of teaching goes a long way. So invite people
out with you and show them that what they might have heard,seen or thought
could be wrong.

HankT

State Researcher
Excellent job, SB!!

I'm working on someone I know who lives in the most anti-gun city in America. He thinks all guns are bad and all gun carriers are probably criminals. He's never fired a gun in his life. But he will soon . . .

Beretta92FSLady

Like most hot-button issues in this country it is simply a matter of education!

It isn't the liberal, it is the misinformation about firearms. I know many liberal Obama voters that own, are interested in, and support the Second Amendment. Once that first shot goes off, that innate draw to firearms, and the sweet smell of spent powder sends most people over the edge to wanting more:)

cbpeck

I'm doing just that.

Tomorrow I'm taking my buddy & his wife to the range for "date night" to teach her how to handle & shoot a handgun. Introducing and educating others is one of my favorite aspects of the shooting sports.