Thread: A warning signal from Portland, OR mayor to WA gun owners...

A warning signal from Portland, OR mayor to WA gun owners...

"...State preemption has Seattle stuck in court right now, challenging the trial court victory of the Second Amendment Foundation and National Rifle Association in their joint lawsuit to stop the Queen City’s (this column never seriously entertained Seattle’s “Emerald City” moniker because it is simply stupid) attempt to ban guns from city park facilities. It’s illegal, and in the wake of SAF’s victory in McDonald v. City of Chicago, probably unconstitutional...."

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...rs-better-heed

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/2b4jn8a

forcing cities such as Portland to enact, within the limits of Oregon state law, city code ordinances to address the threat to the public's health and safety posed by gang violence and illegal gun use."
    making laws for law-abiding citizens so that the "illegal" use can now be exercised freely without threat of retaliation(except maybe through the courts after the violent crime has already been committed)
    If guns cause crime.....mine must be defective.

why do we as a society need any more controls in regards to firearms? I am pretty sure it cant get any more illegal than "illegal use"? What comes next "super-duper illegal use?"
    "And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    E nomine Patri, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."

"If the rest of the world says: 'War,' I can only say: 'Very well. I do not want war, but no one, however peaceable, can live in peace if his neighbor intends to force a quarrel.'" - Adolf Hitler...

i am pretty sure it cant get any more illegal than "illegal use"?
    qft
    If guns cause crime.....mine must be defective.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Workman View Post
    this column never seriously entertained Seattle’s “Emerald City” moniker because it is simply stupid
    Yes Dave, it is stupid. Unfortunately though, Seattle is more appropriately nicknamed the Emerald City because it definitely is in the "Land Of Oz".

Nickels, and now McGinn, view themselves as "the man behind the curtain".
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

What comes next "super-duper illegal use?"
    That comes after "double secret probation" but only in Eugene & Cottage Grove.
    Last edited by Bill Starks; 11-10-2010 at 09:27 PM.