• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Assault Weapons Bust

Coded-Dude

California law states that it is illegal to own or sell unregistered assault weapons.

My mind just melted. If its illegal why would somebody do such a thing? I mean....its ILLEGAL! Do criminals not know the law or what. I bet our lawmakers are pissed! In fact, they are probably considering even more restrictions so criminals will finally get the point.

Here's a more detailed excerpt along with a link to the full article:

Federal officials arrested three former Marines suspected of selling illegal assault weapons to an infamous Los Angeles street gang, authorities said Tuesday.

Federal agents arrested Iraq war veteran and alleged ringleader Adam Gitschlag at his Orange Country home last week, for his role in selling firearms to a member of the Florencia 13 gang, among others.

Former Marines Jose Smith Pacheco, 31, of Montebello and Miguel A. Ortiz, 49, of Northridge, were arrested Monday along with 33-year-old Edwin Cano and 32-year-old Christopher John Thomas.
cbs news