Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I will no longer be posting for the time being....

I will no longer be posting for the time being....

Its come to my attention that trolling by certain member(s) is almost in a way being encouraged by the admins. They know whats going but let it continue. Kind of like the saying evil happens when good men doing nothing. Another saying that is applicable here is one is judged by the company he keeps. With that in mind, I will no longer post here. I will read the forum, but my participation is over. Things may change in the future if and when this board is cleaned up. I also, with a heavy heart, have decided to no longer invite people to this forum, as the constant bickering just drives people away. God speed.
    Last edited by Springfielddx40; 11-10-2010 at 06:42 PM.

Bummer that's two that I know of now.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    I also used to be much more active in the WI forum, but have pulled back from participating a considerable amount so as to not be associated with the person in question.

I just poke back at him, and will do so till his benefactors ban me.

In the last few months I too have considered leaving, but I know that is what the troll would want. As many others here have said, his actions continue even though he has been "talked to" by the admins and it is disheartening to see that he can continue to break the rules and really see no punishment.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Springfielddx40 View Post
    Its come to my attention that trolling by certain member(s) is almost in a way being encouraged by the admins. They know whats going but let it continue. Kind of like the saying evil happens when good men doing nothing. Another saying that is applicable here is one is judged by the company he keeps. With that in mind, I will no longer post here. I will read the forum, but my participation is over. Things may change in the future if and when this board is cleaned up. I also, with a heavy heart, have decided to no longer invite people to this forum, as the constant bickering just drives people away. God speed.
    Why don't you click on the ! on the posts that you consider trolling so the OCDO moderators can address the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Peterson View Post
    Why don't you click on the ! on the posts that you consider trolling so the OCDO moderators can address the issue?
    That's the thing, we do! Posts get deleted, threads locked, but yet the troll still lives.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Zombie Trolls, now that's scary.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    That's the thing, we do! Posts get deleted, threads locked, but yet the troll still lives.
    Can you PM me who you're talking about? Also, for your edification, PM Administrator as well.

so basically the troll won. dont let your little feelers get hurt by online baddies... gimme a break

No he didn't win, and no more feelings where not hurt. I just don't want to be associated anymore in any with him, and a board that allows those types of actions. The media and the anti's read this board, do you think he is helping or hurt the cause? Exactly, I don't want myself associated with it.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Unhappy Sorry to lose your positive presence here

Its come to my attention that trolling by certain member(s) is almost in a way being encouraged by the admins....I will read the forum, but my participation is over. ....
    If you're going to lurk, I suggest using the "Ignore" feature to muzzle the trolls; it makes the forum much more pleasant.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

bhancock
    ... As many others here have said, his actions continue even though he has been "talked to" by the admins and it is disheartening to see that he can continue to break the rules and really see no punishment.
    +1
    Last edited by bhancock; 11-10-2010 at 08:36 PM.

Angry How Many Times Have We Seen The "Trolls" Take Over The Forum?

You KNOW who you are. Why are you still here? I have seen five good people leave this forum over the last few months due to a few "TROLLS" that just don't care what they do. You know who you are and yet you still continue to debase those on this forum who are striving to learn and fight for our rights. You trolls do nothing but destroy all that we work hard for. You trolls usually don't attend events and you certainly do NOT organize events and then you attack those that do!

Stop protecting the trolls....I wish we could vote them to be banned by I.P. and/or User Name. That would stop a lot of this B.S. from these trolls.

Why do the ADMINS protect these people? I HAVE NO IDEA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    You KNOW who you are. Why are you still here? I have seen five good people leave this forum over the last few months due to a few "TROLLS" that just don't care what they do. You know who you are and yet you still continue to debase those on this forum who are striving to learn and fight for our rights. You trolls do nothing but destroy all that we work hard for. You trolls usually don't attend events and you certainly do NOT organize events and then you attack those that do!

Stop protecting the trolls....I wish we could vote them to be banned by I.P. and/or User Name. That would stop a lot of this B.S. from these trolls.

Why do the ADMINS protect these people? I HAVE NO IDEA!!!
    First let me qualify by saying this I DO NOT I repeat I DO NOT support or condone the actions and behavior of individuals trying to undermine this Movement, with that being said here I go!
    We all here are aware of the Bill of Rights and the Constitution we all enjoy it!
    We ALL have rights, there are those who take those Rights to an extreme, like Free Speach as an example.
    However, when that Free Speach is used in a manner that disgraces Our Rights, it becomes counterproductive, an old saying comes to mind "Just because you have the right doesn't mean you have the right"
    I too have had enough of the constant negative BS, it had driven a wedge between some really good people.
    Just like in Society, work and personal lives we come across a POS of a human being, who is breathing my air, touting and vomiting negativity, they have the Right of Free Speach, as much as that disgusts me, it is a Right.
    I then consider the source and deal with them accordingly, it will only be a matter of time before many people see that type of of a person for what and who they really are, then and only then will you prevail!
    Do what ya gotta do! Your contributions are welcomed and needed!

McX
    add my name to the list of "reduced activity" on the forum.

Exclamation + 10000

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    add my name to the list of "reduced activity" on the forum.
    Same for me. What's the point in posting only to have the trolls trounce on our posts? We need some big TROLL SPRAY. Time for the admins to ban these people.

+ 1 billion

McX
    i am not pointing fingers, nor accusing anyone, i've just plain had enough of the crap.

Hi guys. can someone let me know who the bad people are also. I dont post alot but Id like to know who to stay away from.

Thanks

John

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Me! Me and all the other wannabe leadahs.

And unless it becomes too invasive (which it hasn't), it will be this way. As long as the rule-breaking content is removed, the needs of the site have been met.

The BEST course of action (as opposed to not using this website) is to simply report posts that break the rules, and NOT respond in kind. If a member here becomes too "high maintenance," they are likely to be deemed unnecessary here. Not responding in the same fashion is the high road, and the best road to take towards good resolution.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

No he didn't win, and no more feelings where not hurt. I just don't want to be associated anymore in any with him, and a board that allows those types of actions. The media and the anti's read this board, do you think he is helping or hurt the cause? Exactly, I don't want myself associated with it.
    "Ignore" him.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Rule #1 in dealing with forum 'tards: Don't feed them anything to troll on. I see many people get into the same dumb arguments with these folks over and over again. Just ignore them, don't respond to their posts no matter how dumb they are and enjoy the forum.

It really is that simple. No need to post less or "leave" or just lurk. Just don't feed the troll and your problems are solved.

I was a member here a few years back. My screen name then is of no real importance as I didnt post alot and wasnt a member here long enough to get to really know anyone.

I left because as a new comer to OC I found too much info was being lost in the countless pages of endless bickering.

So for the last couple years or so I been doing my own thing.OC'ing when/where and at whatever get togethers,picnics and what have ya I felt like showing up at.

One thing I enjoyed is one doesnt need to be a member here to read whats posted.
    You only need to be a member to post.
    Anyone can read anything thats written here. Trust me when I say this, there are alot more people readin what we post then ya think.
    It isnt just our local ______ (enter the Agency or Media of your choice ).

I got a little tired of being one of the silent unheard ones and felt it was time to voice an opinion on a subject that has popped up a few times now.

All the bickering does is tear down any creditability that poster has or had.
    It also destroys any creditability this site and board has.
    It costs you memberships,both current and future.

Everybody all wants to know why the Cops,the Public and the Media sees us as a bunch of gun freaks and loose nuts.
    I can tell ya why.
    Anybody thats on the outside lookin in is goin to think thats EXACTLY what we are
    when they read 6 pages of name calling,and bickering to the point nobody can even agree on whose face is on a $100 dollar bill.

Anyone that isnt a member thats readin here is thinkin look at that group...children conduct themselves better then these people do....and they want to walk around armed??....all the time ??? Time to pass a law that takes the guns and the key boards outta the hands of these kooks.

Rant Off.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast