• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I will no longer be posting for the time being....

wrightme

That's the thing, we do! Posts get deleted, threads locked, but yet the troll still lives.
And unless it becomes too invasive (which it hasn't), it will be this way. As long as the rule-breaking content is removed, the needs of the site have been met.

The BEST course of action (as opposed to not using this website) is to simply report posts that break the rules, and NOT respond in kind. If a member here becomes too "high maintenance," they are likely to be deemed unnecessary here. Not responding in the same fashion is the high road, and the best road to take towards good resolution.

wrightme

No he didn't win, and no more feelings where not hurt. I just don't want to be associated anymore in any with him, and a board that allows those types of actions. The media and the anti's read this board, do you think he is helping or hurt the cause? Exactly, I don't want myself associated with it.
"Ignore" him.

anmut

Rule #1 in dealing with forum 'tards: Don't feed them anything to troll on. I see many people get into the same dumb arguments with these folks over and over again. Just ignore them, don't respond to their posts no matter how dumb they are and enjoy the forum.

It really is that simple. No need to post less or "leave" or just lurk. Just don't feed the troll and your problems are solved.

LR Yote 312

I was a member here a few years back. My screen name then is of no real importance as I didnt post alot and wasnt a member here long enough to get to really know anyone.

I left because as a new comer to OC I found too much info was being lost in the countless pages of endless bickering.

So for the last couple years or so I been doing my own thing.OC'ing when/where and at whatever get togethers,picnics and what have ya I felt like showing up at.

One thing I enjoyed is one doesnt need to be a member here to read whats posted.
You only need to be a member to post.
Anyone can read anything thats written here. Trust me when I say this, there are alot more people readin what we post then ya think.
It isnt just our local ______ (enter the Agency or Media of your choice ).

I got a little tired of being one of the silent unheard ones and felt it was time to voice an opinion on a subject that has popped up a few times now.

All the bickering does is tear down any creditability that poster has or had.
It also destroys any creditability this site and board has.
It costs you memberships,both current and future.

Everybody all wants to know why the Cops,the Public and the Media sees us as a bunch of gun freaks and loose nuts.
I can tell ya why.
Anybody thats on the outside lookin in is goin to think thats EXACTLY what we are
when they read 6 pages of name calling,and bickering to the point nobody can even agree on whose face is on a $100 dollar bill.

Anyone that isnt a member thats readin here is thinkin look at that group...children conduct themselves better then these people do....and they want to walk around armed??....all the time ??? Time to pass a law that takes the guns and the key boards outta the hands of these kooks.

Rant Off.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
+ 1000

I was a member here a few years back. My screen name then is of no real importance as I didnt post alot and wasnt a member here long enough to get to really know anyone.

I left because as a new comer to OC I found too much info was being lost in the countless pages of endless bickering.

So for the last couple years or so I been doing my own thing.OC'ing when/where and at whatever get togethers,picnics and what have ya I felt like showing up at.

One thing I enjoyed is one doesnt need to be a member here to read whats posted.
Anyone can read anything thats written here. Trust me when I say this, there are alot more people readin what we post then ya think.

I got a little tired of being one of the silent unheard ones and felt it was time to voice an opinion on a subject that has popped up a few times now.

Everybody all wants to know why the Cops,the Public and the Media sees us as a bunch of gun freaks and loose nuts.
I can tell ya why.
Anybody thats on the outside lookin in is goin to think thats EXACTLY what we are
when they read 6 pages of name calling,and bickering to the point nobody can even agree on whose face is on a $100 dollar bill.

Anyone that isnt a member thats readin here is thinkin look at that group...children conduct themselves better then these people do....and they want to walk around armed??....all the time ??? Time to pass a law that takes the guns and the key boards outta the hands of these kooks.

Rant Off.

Well said!

J.Gleason

Banned
You KNOW who you are. Why are you still here? I have seen five good people leave this forum over the last few months due to a few "TROLLS" that just don't care what they do. You know who you are and yet you still continue to debase those on this forum who are striving to learn and fight for our rights. You trolls do nothing but destroy all that we work hard for. You trolls usually don't attend events and you certainly do NOT organize events and then you attack those that do!

Stop protecting the trolls....I wish we could vote them to be banned by I.P. and/or User Name. That would stop a lot of this B.S. from these trolls.

Why do the ADMINS protect these people? I HAVE NO IDEA!!!

Not attending an event does not make anyone a troll. It is deceit, disruption and a hidden agenda that makes one a troll.

There are many here that have not been to events and still devote time and effort to the cause. Please remember that.

J.Gleason

Banned
A suggestion

Today we all place Spartacus on ignore and we no longer respond to ANY of his posts. Then we start putting our heads together to figure out how we are going to put a flame under the arses of the legislators and get them moving on this repeal.

Abraxxas

I agree with most of what others have already stated. I am relatively new here and frequent the forums often, as have many of my friends who I've point over here to take advantage of the vast extent of knowledge there is to be shared. I refrain from posting more than I do for the very reason stated by others. This is a fantastic forum filled with many friendly and knowledgeable people and I have much enjoyed many evenings filled with hours of reading.

It is an unfortunate and all too common evil on internet boards, the people who are here just to bash others and cause problems. I am a member of MANY forums ranging from motorcycles to RC aircraft and find that no matter what the venue, it seems that there are always a few of "those people". There is nothing that ruins a newcomers experience faster than throwing in a few posts and getting instantly bashed and flamed by those who live to do so. There is nothing wrong with having different opinions than others, or disagreeing with something somebody says, if everybody was the same life would be pretty boring. I fail to understand why it cannot be done gracefully and with a little bit of tact? I enjoy a heated discussion or debate just as much as anybody and it can be done without stomping on others ideas and feelings. You dont have to trust anybody, you dont have to be friends, just simply show a little respect and you will be shown some in return.

With all of the issues going on in the world right now and all of the negativity surrounding us on a daily basis at work, in the news, in idle conversation throughout your daily activities, people need to take a minute and think before they speak. We are all here with a common interest and common goals, that gives us all some common ground to stand on and work together around. Why not treat each individual as an opportunity to share your knowledge, and be open to learn from them as well? It sure would make everybody's experience a lot better and we could spend our time discussing our interests, sharing our ideas and making progress for our cause rather than wasting time discussing what subject "A" said about subject "B" earlier in the day.

I enjoy reading informative posts/threads and learning from everybody's combined experience and knowledge and I hope to continue to be able to do so. If I want to read bashing, name calling and needless bickering... I'll log into my Facebook account.

Touchdown

I am also one who used to post often, go to city council meetings, etc. In the last couple of years I have learned more about the 2A than I ever did. I became a student of 2A, you could say, always wanting to learn more about my rights.

I left the forum due to the trolls and the bickering about minor differences. I came back recently, but changed my screen name for reasons I explained to a few in PMs.

I will continue to monitor the OCDO forum, but will post rarely so as to not feed the trolls.

I will continue to support OC / CCW, and related organizations (WCI, GOA, SAF, etc.). I respect those who no longer wish to post due to the incivility.

Best to all. Carry On!!

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Not attending an event does not make anyone a troll. It is deceit, disruption and a hidden agenda that makes one a troll.

There are many here that have not been to events and still devote time and effort to the cause. Please remember that.

True James, true. There are good guys and gals that don't post or go to many events that support open carry and freedom. My post was directed specifically at the admins and the "person or persons" who always disrupt this forum. I think we all know who "they" are.

TyGuy

I only post from time to time, and I will continue to do such, but it annoying to see personal attacks and bickering. I am using the Ignore feature, and that seems to help.

professor gun

I can tell ya why.

Rant Off.

You are exactly on target here.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
A Further Solution to the Troll Infestation

From now on I am not only going to use the ignore feature on the obvious Trolls, but also on the people (mostly the same people all the time...) who insist on keeping up a running dialog with the troublemakers, because I'm now convinced that they are also Trolls, trying to fly under the radar. And if we advise newcomers to do the same, they won't be bombarded with negativity and hate.
2w2gf0p.jpg

Last edited:
M

McX

fortunately there are enough other state forums on here, and other threads of interest, that i can go there, and make new friends, learn new things, and comment. i'll just be 'out of state' for awhile i guess, until some degree of civility and normalcy comes back to here.

went to illinois today, then to hawaii (forum wise)

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Bahh!

Everyone here knows which are the trolls and which aren't. I have no problem confronting them when they are actually disseminating incorrect information; in fact, that's necessarry, if only to prevent newer members from getting the wrong idea. Secondly, it's up to you whether or not to confront them on a difference of opinion but that can turn into a ******* match so you've got to know when to just say "I disagree" and STFU. When we shouldn't be confronting them is over petty differences and insults or general rudness. People are smart enough to know who the jackwagon is in any particular conversation. There's no need to continue it and make yourself look like a jackwagon too.

This has been Brass Magnets simple guide to bridge crossing. :D

hardballer

The arguing, bickering and baiting is tiring. I can not even count the number of threads that I have started reading and not finished because of constant chest beating, know it all, bickering and fighting. I am only interested in cordial discourse. Deviations from that course are tiring and pointless. I appreciate the info and the work WCI does. I do not appreciate the divisive banter found in many of these threads...

I to have reduced my participation. I have not referred anyone to this web site for some time. Most folks I know are not interested in pointless, combative, contentious, disruptive argument. Neither am I.

Hardballer out!

Beretta-m9

it takes 2 to engage in any activity which is at discussion here, why people complain about it and then go right out and join in on it is beyond me, if you don't like it then simply don't take part in it.

LR Yote 312

OK I give LR Yote, what was your old user name? Just curious.

I am not real sure. I tried searching out the only couple of screen names I have used over the years on the 4 or 5 boards I was a member of and nothing came up.

I didnt return to grind an axe with you or anyone else and to best of my knowledge I didnt have a disagreement with you or anyone else.

More than likely it was a disagreement to the reactions and responses posted that made me think one day "This group dont need me....They are to busy holding p+ssing contests during a hurricane...."

There is no great mystery or bag of secrets surrounding me. I really am just a quiet nobody that is concerned with the Right to protect myself,family,home,and property.

As we got closer to the elections I found myself droppin by and lurking more often.
Then as I read I started noticing something.
Not only are some people posting less, Some other people are leaving and they are doing so when we really need them.

A few times some on line articles/blogs were posted concerning 2A issues,and at some point someone would put up a post that said...Check out the comments section...and it almost never failed,some reader would put up a comment that pretty much put the members here on the same page as the Jerry Springer Show.

I returned for a couple of reasons.
One of theose was to have a chance to say...Yeah,People really do view us like that.
The other was just to be a bigger part of things and my own personal sense of accomplishment and satisfaction.

In the years to come as I watch my grandson grow up I hope I can have a conversation with him that goes something like this:

G/son: " Papa, Today in School we learned about 2A and Constitutional Carry."

Me:"Really now? What did you learn?"

G/son: "Well, the teacher told us Wi was an Open Carry State and the how The People voted and changed ____ and then this happened and we got blah,blah,blah"

Me: "Yes...thats true,thats the way it happened. I was there and I was a part of it."

The G/son just turned 14 months....as much as I wanna say we have time I also feel time is running out.

LR Yote 312

Last edited: