• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Peruta Hearing

Gundude

From what I got from the hearing, the SDC attorney was incompetent and uninformed. He didn't know the penal code, couldn't interpret Heller, and ignored McDonald.
Do the Judges notice this and help them by ignoring their ignorance?
Do incompetent attorney's win in spite of themselves?
Is this the best legal mind SDC can afford? :confused:

Coded-Dude

Ed.

Thank you for using your time and resources to help further our cause(RKBA). Thanks to everyone else who also contributed in some form or fashion. We all eagerly await the outcome. Barring any major setbacks it looks like you have achieved a major break through for all 9th district gun owners whose rights are infringed on a daily basis. There is still much work to be done, but I go home today knowing that there are people out there that still believe in the constitution. :monkey

JJ

Ed.

Thank you for using your time and resources to help further our cause(RKBA). Thanks to everyone else who also contributed in some form or fashion. We all eagerly await the outcome. Barring any major setbacks it looks like you have achieved a major break through for all 9th district gun owners whose rights are infringed on a daily basis. There is still much work to be done, but I go home today knowing that there are people out there that still believe in the constitution. :monkey

+1

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Thanks firemark for the great play-by-play and thanks to Ed for being brave enough to challenge this unconstitutional behavior. You're a great guy Ed, but I'm sure you know that.

coolusername2007

Good recap Firemark, thanks.

Ed, you should be proud of what you have done here. I think the writing is on the wall that you (and therefore rest of us) will come out victorious in this matter. I thank you. And I wish there were more like you. I am sure this matter has come at great cost to you and that is not to be glossed over. Your patriotism is an example for the rest of us.

Firemark

My take on the proceedings, I do not think that Judge Gonzales is either unknowing or un-intelligent, she seems extremely intelligent to me. I believe she asked the questions she did the way she asked them because she knows the many issues that come into play with this ruling. I too believe that her foreshadowing in her denial of motion to dismiss is going to be true to form of her ruling. Getting each side to respond to specific aspects of legal position of her questions gets it into the record and forms the basis for her crafting of judgment. She also seems very aware of the before and possible after effects of this decision, Im wondering if she will attempt to go beyond what Plaintiff was asking for, if she can at all. If anything I see her decision being good for Carry, either concealed or open, but just how good and how far im just not to sure. More than the expected certainly would be grand.:lol:

demnogis

Wow... Question of 12031... Nice. I thought this was a case of 12050 discretionary issue, 2A/14A violations and lack of issuance standards statewide. This is quite the bag of gems. 3 weeks couldn't come soon enough.

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran
Excellent effort guys

So CCW's issued to all law abiding gun owners in California by Christmas then ....woohoo !!!!!

Thanks Ed and the team for your efforts

sudden valley gunner

Great Job Ed!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe the lame arguments from the defense, Border town!!!!! Jeeze even though you are on the border you are still obligated to honor your citizens rights!!!!

RockerFor2A

Thanks for the report! Geez-- I'm glad the county attorney was that off his game, but on the flip side, as a taxpayer, is THAT what we get for our money? This is typical of the folks that will be drawing a nice govt pension? Again I'm glad for our side, but govt incompetence just galls me.

Gundude

Last nite, I asked Ed about a copy of the transcript. It's available at the courthouse for $75. :eek:

Last edited:

Gundude

Transcripts of proceedings before the U.S. District Judges and Magistrate Judges in the Southern District of California taken by Official Court Reporters, Contract Court Reporters and Electronic Court Recorder Operators are now being filed with the Court in electronic format. Electronic transcripts, once ordered and when produced by the Court Reporter/ECRO, will be efiled and available for viewing at the Clerk’s Office public terminal, but may NOT be copied nor reproduced by the Clerk’s Office for a period of 90 days.

The transcript will then be available remotely to view, download or print a copy from PACER at $.08 cents per page or from the Clerk’s Office public terminal at a rate of $.10 per page.

http://www.casd.uscourts.gov/index.php?page=electronic-availability-of-transcripts

Last edited:

bigtoe416

The cool thing about PACER is that as long as you don't reach $10.00 in a quarter of a year, then they waive the charges. That's 124 pages for free.

Gundude

If its $75, then it's 937 pages.
75 divided by .08 = 937.5
Is this possible, or is my math wrong?

$.08 X ? =$75

Last edited:

bigtoe416

You're making the assumption that the $75 is somehow based on the length of the transcript. I was guessing it was some flat fee.