• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Peruta Hearing

RockerFor2A

It seems intuitive to me that a "carefully coordinated" legal strategy would be better than a whole bunch of individual suits. Just sayin'.

RockerFor2A

I hope it goes well, but isn't the 9th circuit the most out-there, liberal court in the country? Aren't these the folks who ruled "In God We Trust" should be removed from our currency? Yeesh.

mjones

I hope it goes well, but isn't the 9th circuit the most out-there, liberal court in the country? Aren't these the folks who ruled "In God We Trust" should be removed from our currency? Yeesh.

The 9th Circuit is all over the map with a huge group of judges to pull from when the 3 judge panel is randomly selected. It was the 9th circuit that ruled the 2a was incorporated before McDonald went before SCOTUS. However, it was also the 9th that suspended that decision for an en banc panel (which is still just sitting there...)

sudden valley gunner

The 9th Circuit is all over the map with a huge group of judges to pull from when the 3 judge panel is randomly selected. It was the 9th circuit that ruled the 2a was incorporated before McDonald went before SCOTUS. However, it was also the 9th that suspended that decision for an en banc panel (which is still just sitting there...)

If I remember correctly though Ed has stated he will take his case all the way to the top. Which then will nullify any bad decisions by lower judges.

We-the-People

I would suggest that some of the "big players" in this field should read Sun Tzu "The Art of War" and Von Clausewitz "On War".

"Divide and Conquer" is a lot like tracers......they work both ways!

Edward Peruta

Lies and mud slinging.

Principles like breaking an agreement to bring a pure EP case and stealing Alan Gura's work?

Heh.

To my attorneys, and anyone else that is concerned by this post, I apologize in advance for posting this here on Opencarry.org

This post is directed specifically to:

Brandon Combs AKA "wildhawker"
Treasurer, Calguns Foundation
Member, CRPA Board of Directors

As the Treasurer of Calguns Foundation and a Member of the CRPA Board of Directors, you sir should be ashamed of yourself for attempting to make the readers of this message board believe that any "AGREEMENT" existed.

I challenge you or anyone else who claims that an "AGREEMENT" existed between myself and the Calguns Foundation, or the CRPA to provide specific details of the "AGREEMENT".

If this alleged "AGREEMENT" existed, I more than anyone else should know the terms and conditions of same, which I do not.

Tell me Mr. Combs, is your belief that an "AGREEMENT" existed based on first hand or hearsay information?

For the record, I have never spoken with you and never entered into an agreement with anyone from the Calguns Foundation or CRPA Board of Directors.

If you insist on misleading the individuals who visit and read this message board, I suggest that you provide them the specifics of the "AGREEMENT" you claim existed and EXACTLY how it was broken.

I believe that I have been pretty successful in my attempts at remaining above the petty comments and mud slinging that originates from certain Officers and Board Members of the Calguns Foundation, and members of the CRPA Board of Directors.

I just couldn't resist posting this response to you and your co conspirators who seem to relish in spreading misinformation rather than facts.

You and the others associated with you that chastise those fighting for Second Amendment Rights, have only confimed my decision to refuse the offer of representation made by Calguns, and accept the assistance of the NRA and CRPA FOUNDATION.

IT REALLY BOILS DOWN TO INTEGRITY AND MORAL CHARACTER!

MY OFFER:

TO MAKE MYSELF AVAILABLE FOR A PUBLIC DEBATE ON THIS ALLEGED "AGREEMENT" YOU CLAIM EXISTED AND WAS BROKEN.

I WILL MAKE MYSELF AVAILABLE ANY PLACE AT ANY TIME ON THE CONDITION THAT THE DEBATE IS VIDEO AND AUDIO RECORDED FOR THE ENTERTAINMENT OF THOSE WHO ARE BEING MISLEAD BY ONE OF US.

I will also agree that you may bring Attorney Gura, Gene Hoffman or anyone else you choose to assist you in the debate.

I remain loyal to the NRA and CRPA FOUNDATION and the principles that they demonstrate every day.

I will now take my fingers off the keyboard, retire to my television, and let the court of public opinion consider the words if have memorialized in this post.

My wife is laughing!!

Last edited:

puppy8agun

Congrats, I had a bit of a smirk on your post. I get the frustration at times. Glad you have a good experience with NRA and CPRA/ I never see what they do and have never seen a lawsuit assisted in CA. If they become or are involved I would love to hear more about it.

Last edited:

hoffmang

Ed,

When we first spoke I asked you to keep your case limited to an equal protection claim to not get ahead of Alan Gura. You know... that guy who is 2-0 in the Supreme Court. You said sure and you told me and your lawyer told Jason Davis that you'd give us a call before you filed.

You filed a direct duplicate of Alan Gura's work and you or your attorney didn't keep to your own word. I've said this to your face over the phone. I'll say it here in public too. The whole truth is not convenient for you and you like to spin things a bit. I get why, but you're playing a game that's way above you trying to spin against me...

The reason we asked you to limit your case, amongst others, was that San Diego wasn't the best place to bring a 2A carry challenge. We and you thought you got lucky. You and we were suckered on that thought.

Sadly we were correct in our original assessment.

So, please remind me how you're an equivalent plaintiff to Otis McDonald again?

-Gene

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Ed,

When we first spoke I asked you to keep your case limited to an equal protection claim to not get ahead of Alan Gura. You know... that guy who is 2-0 in the Supreme Court. You said sure and you told me and your lawyer told Jason Davis that you'd give us a call before you filed.

For clarity's sake, the lawyer that is being spoken of is Paul Neuharth (sp?), not Chuck Michel or anyone from Michel & Associates (Chuck himself, Sean Brady, Chris Monfort). They had nothing to do with situation in discussion.

Last edited: