Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fayetteville Meet

Fayetteville OC Dinner

We are long over due for another meet in Fayetteville. Had a good turn out last time, lets make this one better.

When:
    Saturday December 11th @ 7:00pm
    Where:
    Western Sizzlin Steak House
    7735 Raeford Road
    Fayetteville, NC 28304-5920
    (910) 867-3002

Last edited by sFe; 11-19-2010 at 09:49 PM. Reason: add info
    For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. Carl Sagan

When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours - Stephen Roberts

I'm up, just lemme know when and where- or if you need help with it.
    Last edited by rotorhead; 11-11-2010 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sFe View Post
    Looking to do another Fayetteville meet at the beginning of December. We had a good turn out last time..
    Busy month. Set a date. I've talked to several people about the last meet up who said they would have come it they had know about it.

I'm in.....

set a date.

Set it up. I'm there.

10 or 11 December 1900??

Pre-holiday rush and far enough from La Navidad that folks are still in town...early enough folks can still make a night of it after dinner.

I'm thinking central Faynam at 'Jason's Deli'. It's attached to Cross Creek Mall but no signs.......

http://www.jasonsdeli.com/restaurant...etteville-deli

Still waiting on pics from the last IHOP link-up......~ahem~......

~suggestions?~
    Last edited by razor_baghdad; 11-12-2010 at 01:01 PM.

Although I love Jason's (at least the one in Raleigh, never been to this one).....I do know that going anywhere near the mall any time between say.....now and Christmas....would be near impossible due to traffic.

Personally I'd rather let a rottie chew on my elbow for a week than go near the mall this time of year.

One other thing to consider is that while Jason's Deli may not be inside the mall proper, it is still on the property and I'm not sure if the no guns thing applies to the entire property (such as adjacent buildings, parking lot, etc) or not. I'll look it up tonight or tomorrow though.
    Last edited by rotorhead; 11-12-2010 at 06:30 PM.

+1 on traffic and mall people about OC. I think somewhere towards Raeford would be better like last time. Problem is finding a decent place that doesn't serve alcohol.
    Last edited by sFe; 11-12-2010 at 09:47 PM.
    For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. Carl Sagan

When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours - Stephen Roberts

Western Sizzlin??

It's on the same corner as the Walmart, Gillis Hill and Raeford Road/401.

Quote Originally Posted by razor_baghdad View Post
    Sounds good. Any info/ intel on any policies they might have or lack thereof concerning carrying?

Fayetville...googling fayetville....

Yes I did mean "Fayetteville", thank you google...

Gah! 3 hour drive! =-(

Sounds good. Just called and verified they don't serve alcohol as some do.
    Last edited by sFe; 11-13-2010 at 07:26 PM.

Smile

Absolutely nothing stands out about WS on any google search string. If they have a problem with us, IHOP is a block away and loved us the last time we were there 3 months ago.

If 'something' should happen, we'll zerox the receipt from IHOP for 12-15 folks, show it to the manager of WS, and make sure WS gets Honorable Foe mention here, although I don't see that happening.

Fay is soldier strong, 2A friendly in 99.9% of any part of the city.

Sweet!

I guess the only things now are what night and who's paying for mine. If you guys want you can pool together so no one person has to pay the whole thing for me

Quote Originally Posted by rotorhead View Post
    Sweet!

I guess the only things now are what night and who's paying for mine. If you guys want you can pool together so no one person has to pay the whole thing for me
    Waitaminute helo_geek, you make more than I do!! --><--

Waitaminute helo_geek, you make more than I do!! --><--
    Yeah but if I keep paying for things like my own dinners, I'll never save enough for the XDM 3.8 barrel 9mm I want. Unless of course everyone here is pooling to get me it as a surprise Christmas present.....

I had another brain storm this morning btw. For this meet or any future one, would people like to get together for some shooting at a range as well as lunch/ supper? Other than the range at Jim's I'm not sure of where others are. Personally I prefer outdoor ranges but then again it's getting nippy out too....

Anyway, the idea was to meet there for some range time and then maybe head to Waffle House next door or anywhere else really, doesn't matter. The only thing about that is Jim's is sorta in the mall area...sorta...and they are closed on Sunday's too so it would have to be on a Saturday.

Just a thought though, of maybe adding some shooting time to a future meet. Doesn't have to be this meet we are talking about currently.

Quote Originally Posted by rotorhead View Post
    I had another brain storm this morning btw. For this meet or any future one, would people like to get together for some shooting at a range as well as lunch/ supper? Other than the range at Jim's I'm not sure of where others are. Personally I prefer outdoor ranges but then again it's getting nippy out too....

Anyway, the idea was to meet there for some range time and then maybe head to Waffle House next door or anywhere else really, doesn't matter. The only thing about that is Jim's is sorta in the mall area...sorta...and they are closed on Sunday's too so it would have to be on a Saturday.

Just a thought though, of maybe adding some shooting time to a future meet. Doesn't have to be this meet we are talking about currently.
    Jim's is a no no. At the next gun show in Fayetteville ask the promoter why Jim doesn't have a table there.

Quote Originally Posted by cricketdad View Post
    Jim's is a no no. At the next gun show in Fayetteville ask the promoter why Jim doesn't have a table there.
    Can you elaborate here? It sounds like it could be something to make me not want to spend money there, and I likely won't make it to the Fayetteville show.
    "They don't give a damn about any trumpet playing band
    It ain't what they call rock and roll
    And the Sultans...
    Yeah the Sultans, they play Creole"

OCDO Member
    NCGO Member

Quote Originally Posted by cricketdad View Post
    Meh I'm not worried about it. Just threw that place out because it's the one that came to my head when I was writing. Doesn't have to be there really. Any range in the area would work....or anyone's private land.
    Last edited by rotorhead; 11-15-2010 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sultan62 View Post
    Can you elaborate here? It sounds like it could be something to make me not want to spend money there, and I likely won't make it to the Fayetteville show.
    I could tell you what I know but have no hard evidence. That's why I said talk to the promoter of the gun show. Doesn't have to be Fayetteville. Any C&E show or S&D show.

Saturday December 11th at 7pm at Western Sizzlin' good for everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by sFe View Post
    Saturday December 11th at 7pm at Western Sizzlin' good for everyone?
    Sounds good. Let's just make sure we bump this a few times before then so it doesn't get buried.

Added information to the original post.

Meetup

Do you guys mind if I create an event on the Meetup group for this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast