• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fayetteville Meet

sFe

Fayetteville OC Dinner

We are long over due for another meet in Fayetteville. Had a good turn out last time, lets make this one better.

When:
Saturday December 11th @ 7:00pm
Where:
Western Sizzlin Steak House
7735 Raeford Road
Fayetteville, NC 28304-5920
(910) 867-3002

data=LtgX-e3f8ctI3U5dJtbt7EJ1ZfRneYme,rn578gxm-ALeUXa0STvzKiMy8iB_sRct4Lag2V7d9o2NuzvazPO47ARGQ7oyGPqWESKaTEu4T1EpQSMLbcKqC9psxfWcI4jImZvmQccsGJh8oXkm9w

Last edited:

rotorhead

I'm up, just lemme know when and where- or if you need help with it.

Last edited:

razor_baghdad

10 or 11 December 1900??

Pre-holiday rush and far enough from La Navidad that folks are still in town...early enough folks can still make a night of it after dinner.

I'm thinking central Faynam at 'Jason's Deli'. It's attached to Cross Creek Mall but no signs.......

http://www.jasonsdeli.com/restaurants/nc/raleigh/fayetteville-deli

Still waiting on pics from the last IHOP link-up......~ahem~...... ;)

~suggestions?~

Last edited:

rotorhead

Although I love Jason's (at least the one in Raleigh, never been to this one).....I do know that going anywhere near the mall any time between say.....now and Christmas....would be near impossible due to traffic.

Personally I'd rather let a rottie chew on my elbow for a week than go near the mall this time of year. :)

One other thing to consider is that while Jason's Deli may not be inside the mall proper, it is still on the property and I'm not sure if the no guns thing applies to the entire property (such as adjacent buildings, parking lot, etc) or not. I'll look it up tonight or tomorrow though.

Last edited:

sFe

+1 on traffic and mall people about OC. I think somewhere towards Raeford would be better like last time. Problem is finding a decent place that doesn't serve alcohol.

Last edited:

Sam

Fayetville...googling fayetville....

Yes I did mean "Fayetteville", thank you google...

Gah! 3 hour drive! =-(

razor_baghdad

Absolutely nothing stands out about WS on any google search string. If they have a problem with us, IHOP is a block away and loved us the last time we were there 3 months ago.

If 'something' should happen, we'll zerox the receipt from IHOP for 12-15 folks, show it to the manager of WS, and make sure WS gets Honorable Foe mention here, although I don't see that happening.

Fay is soldier strong, 2A friendly in 99.9% of any part of the city.

rotorhead

Sweet!

I guess the only things now are what night and who's paying for mine. If you guys want you can pool together so no one person has to pay the whole thing for me :)

rotorhead

Waitaminute helo_geek, you make more than I do!! -->:)<--

Yeah but if I keep paying for things like my own dinners, I'll never save enough for the XDM 3.8 barrel 9mm I want. Unless of course everyone here is pooling to get me it as a surprise Christmas present.....:monkey

rotorhead

I had another brain storm this morning btw. For this meet or any future one, would people like to get together for some shooting at a range as well as lunch/ supper? Other than the range at Jim's I'm not sure of where others are. Personally I prefer outdoor ranges but then again it's getting nippy out too....

Anyway, the idea was to meet there for some range time and then maybe head to Waffle House next door or anywhere else really, doesn't matter. The only thing about that is Jim's is sorta in the mall area...sorta...and they are closed on Sunday's too so it would have to be on a Saturday.

Just a thought though, of maybe adding some shooting time to a future meet. Doesn't have to be this meet we are talking about currently.

cricketdad

I had another brain storm this morning btw. For this meet or any future one, would people like to get together for some shooting at a range as well as lunch/ supper? Other than the range at Jim's I'm not sure of where others are. Personally I prefer outdoor ranges but then again it's getting nippy out too....

Anyway, the idea was to meet there for some range time and then maybe head to Waffle House next door or anywhere else really, doesn't matter. The only thing about that is Jim's is sorta in the mall area...sorta...and they are closed on Sunday's too so it would have to be on a Saturday.

Just a thought though, of maybe adding some shooting time to a future meet. Doesn't have to be this meet we are talking about currently.

Jim's is a no no. At the next gun show in Fayetteville ask the promoter why Jim doesn't have a table there.

sultan62

Jim's is a no no. At the next gun show in Fayetteville ask the promoter why Jim doesn't have a table there.

Can you elaborate here? It sounds like it could be something to make me not want to spend money there, and I likely won't make it to the Fayetteville show.

rotorhead

Meh I'm not worried about it. Just threw that place out because it's the one that came to my head when I was writing. Doesn't have to be there really. Any range in the area would work....or anyone's private land.

Last edited: