• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Help me with this?

patriotthad

RSMO 21.750 is Missouri's "right" to ban OC. In ss 3." Nothing contained in this section shall prohibit any ordinance of any political subdivision which conforms exactly with any of the provisions of sections 571.010 to 571.070, with appropriate penalty provisions, or which regulates the open carrying of firearms readily capable of lethal use or the discharge of firearms within a jurisdiction, provided such ordinance complies with the provisions of section 252.243. "

When you read 252.243, which seems to be the prerequisit for OC regulation, this is what you get.

252.243. 1. This section shall be known as and may be cited as the "Hunting Heritage Protection Areas Act". Hunting heritage protection areas shall include all land located within the one hundred-year flood plain of the Missouri River and all land located within the one hundred- year flood plain of the Mississippi River, as designated by the Federal Emergency Management Agency as amended from time to time.

4. Notwithstanding the provisions of subsection 1 of this section to the contrary, hunting heritage protection areas shall not include:
(1) Any area with a population of not less than fifty thousand persons that has been defined and designated in the 2000 United States Census as an "urbanized area" by the United States Secretary of Commerce;

Is this saying that a city of less than 50,000 may NOT ban OC?