• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just another reason to Carry In Madison, in your car too

Motofixxer

http://www.wkow.com/Global/story.asp?S=13471103

Road rage turns violent on Madison's west side

MADISON (WKOW) -- A Fitchburg man is arrested after road rage turned violent on Madison's west side.

Madison Police Department says a 34-year-old Middleton man was driving east on Raymond Road Monday afternoon when another car, driven by Dexter Watson, 21, of Fitchburg, turned in front of him from the westbound lanes. The driver of the offending vehicle was attempting to turn onto Leland Drive. The Middleton driver said there was nothing he could do as his car collided with the other car. After his airbag deployed, he got out to assess what had just happened. That's when, police say, Watson attacked him.

Witnesses said Watson repeatedly punched the Middleton man in the head, knocking him to the ground. A passersby pulled Watson off of the victim, not once, but twice. The suspect then attempted to flee the scene but was stopped and arrested by a Madison Police officer and faces charges of Substantial Battery, Disorderly Conduct, Imprudent Speed, and Knowingly Operating While Suspended Causing Injury.

professor gun

And if we succeed in repealing 941.23 but do not at the same time get rid of the prohibition on vehicle carry, things like this would continue to go on anyway.

Beretta-m9

I must say, as nice as it would be for ccw to be legal in wi, or to carry loaded in your car.. none of those laws will keep criminals from doing what they do, not everyone will carry like now so these things will continue regardless of what gun laws are.

GreenCountyPete

I must say, as nice as it would be for ccw to be legal in wi, or to carry loaded in your car.. none of those laws will keep criminals from doing what they do, not everyone will carry like now so these things will continue regardless of what gun laws are.

but in prohibiting the good people from carrying the best most effective tools for defence you strip them of thier right to defend them selves, the criminals will still be criminals but , the good people will have the option to carry and use the tools of defence.

if a prisoner in handcuffs is injured , the law enforcement agency is responceable for his or her saftey and is liable for thier injury.
the good people of wisconsin are bound with the invisiable handcuffs of an unconstitutional law prohibating thier defence and safty much the same way a prisoner is bound by the cuffs of steel.

if you don't allow the option then you unfairly restrict the option of a person to excersize thier rights.
all gun laws should pass the simple litmus test of does this restrict or limit a persons ability to excersize thier constitutionaly defined right to defend them selves families and freinds.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
but in prohibiting the good people from carrying the best most effective tools for defence you strip them of their right to defend them selves, the criminals will still be criminals but , the good people will have the option to carry and use the tools of defence.

if a prisoner in handcuffs is injured , the law enforcement agency is responsible for his or her safety and is liable for their injury.
the good people of Wisconsin are bound with the invisible handcuffs of an unconstitutional law prohibiting their defence and safety much the same way a prisoner is bound by the cuffs of steel.

if you don't allow the option then you unfairly restrict the option of a person to excessive their rights.
all gun laws should pass the simple litmus test of does this restrict or limit a persons ability to exercise their constitutionally defined right to defend them selves families and freinds.

Pete, great post!! I agree fully!

The guy that caused the wreck gets out of his car only to be attacked by the person who caused the wreck, and the person who caused it shouldn't have been driving anyways!

Beretta-m9

but in prohibiting the good people from carrying the best most effective tools for defence you strip them of thier right to defend them selves, the criminals will still be criminals but , the good people will have the option to carry and use the tools of defence.

if a prisoner in handcuffs is injured , the law enforcement agency is responceable for his or her saftey and is liable for thier injury.
the good people of wisconsin are bound with the invisiable handcuffs of an unconstitutional law prohibating thier defence and safty much the same way a prisoner is bound by the cuffs of steel.

if you don't allow the option then you unfairly restrict the option of a person to excersize thier rights.
all gun laws should pass the simple litmus test of does this restrict or limit a persons ability to excersize thier constitutionaly defined right to defend them selves families and freinds.

don't get me wrong I believe we should have the option to carry how we want and where we want without laws restricting it. Also there shouldn't be manditory training or permits, I don't need training or permits to my freedom of speech. I was simply saying even if we get all our "rights" restored criminals will still be criminals and not everyone will choose to carry for defence.