Thread: Need member to join the DNR lawsuit

Need member to join the DNR lawsuit

I was contacted by Attorney Jim Manley with Mountain States Legal Foundation and they are interested in perusing the lawsuit against the DNR The law suit is about being able to carry in a state Park as Iíve stated here and perhaps they will also consider pursuing the prohibition against having a firearm in the woods 24 hours prior to the gun deer season. You can find a copy of the law suit on here on wisconsincarry.org blog. I need members who want to join the law suit, pm me if interested and I will give you the phone number to attorney Manley, he is looking to add 3-5 people to the suit. This suit is not for money it is to have a judge find that the statute is unconstitutional.

Don Marso
    Last edited by cowboyridn; 11-11-2010 at 04:07 PM. Reason: space

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar

What are the criteria?

Does the person need to plan to use State parks or carry a firearm during the 24 hours before deer season?
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

It would be interesting to see when and if Article I section 26 comes into play on these issues and which one trumps. Under Art I sec 26 wll the courts fine that these restrictions described in the suit "are reasonable restrictions on the sport of hunting"? I expect that at some point of time that the Art I sec 25 and Art I sec 26 constitutional amendments will collide. Interesting question to put to the courts and another dilemma we will face.

Quote Originally Posted by Brass Magnet View Post
    Does the person need to plan to use State parks or carry a firearm during the 24 hours before deer season?

I'd be interested in hearing this answered too!

What does becoming involved require?

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The (US) Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters . . . but they mean to be masters."
    [Daniel Webster]

Who is Your Master?

Quote Originally Posted by FMJ45 View Post
    I'd be interested in hearing this answered too!

What does becoming involved require?

If you pm me I will provide the name and phone number of the attorney, I canít post it here for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brass Magnet View Post

No, the person don't have to plan on doing either.

Don

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyridn View Post
    No, the person don't have to plan on doing either.

Don
    Thanks for the clarification Don.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

done

done
    Don't think of it as `gun control', think of it as `victim disarmament'.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar
    At Don's request I spoke with the Jim Manley the other day and he said that the best co-plaintiffs to have standing are as follows: (best candidates would meet the first criteria, 2nd best second criteria, etc.)

-anyone who has been cited for carrying in a state park

-anyone who has requested permission to carry in a state park and been denied
    (ex HINT HINT someone wrote a letter saying they believe they have a right to carry in a state park and being threatened with citation if they did)

-anyone who desires to, and likely would carry in a state park if the law
    allowed.
    Last edited by Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman; 11-18-2010 at 05:13 PM.
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

I deffinatly would carry in a state park if allowed. Usually wife and I camp once a month at the parks during the summer.
    Don't think of it as `gun control', think of it as `victim disarmament'.

Labor Day Camping Trip

My family took a traditional camping trip during Labor Day weekend this year. When we arrived I let the check in at the park know that I had brought fire arms and intended to openly carry. The check in person was pro carry himself, and said that he would have park rangers meet me out our campsite per my request. The Park Rangers told me to leave them under lock and key or else I would be arrested and they brought a photo copy of the statue with them. I have no recordings or letters of the incident...but I do have at least one "credible" witness.

Quote Originally Posted by P229Sig357DAK View Post
    My family took a traditional camping trip during Labor Day weekend this year. When we arrived I let the check in at the park know that I had brought fire arms and intended to openly carry. The check in person was pro carry himself, and said that he would have park rangers meet me out our campsite per my request. The Park Rangers told me to leave them under lock and key or else I would be arrested and they brought a photo copy of the statue with them. I have no recordings or letters of the incident...but I do have at least one "credible" witness.

Pm me and I will give you the phone number to the attorney. Ask him about your witness and what you need to prove this happened. The attorney is looking for those, as nic stated, that have had an experianced an incedent.

Don