• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need member to join the DNR lawsuit

LOERetired

I was contacted by Attorney Jim Manley with Mountain States Legal Foundation and they are interested in perusing the lawsuit against the DNR The law suit is about being able to carry in a state Park as I’ve stated here and perhaps they will also consider pursuing the prohibition against having a firearm in the woods 24 hours prior to the gun deer season. You can find a copy of the law suit on here on wisconsincarry.org blog. I need members who want to join the law suit, pm me if interested and I will give you the phone number to attorney Manley, he is looking to add 3-5 people to the suit. This suit is not for money it is to have a judge find that the statute is unconstitutional.

Don Marso

Last edited:

Captain Nemo

It would be interesting to see when and if Article I section 26 comes into play on these issues and which one trumps. Under Art I sec 26 wll the courts fine that these restrictions described in the suit "are reasonable restrictions on the sport of hunting"? I expect that at some point of time that the Art I sec 25 and Art I sec 26 constitutional amendments will collide. Interesting question to put to the courts and another dilemma we will face.

LOERetired

I'd be interested in hearing this answered too!

What does becoming involved require?

:question:

If you pm me I will provide the name and phone number of the attorney, I can’t post it here for obvious reasons.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
At Don's request I spoke with the Jim Manley the other day and he said that the best co-plaintiffs to have standing are as follows: (best candidates would meet the first criteria, 2nd best second criteria, etc.)

-anyone who has been cited for carrying in a state park

-anyone who has requested permission to carry in a state park and been denied
(ex HINT HINT someone wrote a letter saying they believe they have a right to carry in a state park and being threatened with citation if they did)

-anyone who desires to, and likely would carry in a state park if the law
allowed.

Last edited:

Shane28

I deffinatly would carry in a state park if allowed. Usually wife and I camp once a month at the parks during the summer.

P229Sig357DAK

Labor Day Camping Trip

My family took a traditional camping trip during Labor Day weekend this year. When we arrived I let the check in at the park know that I had brought fire arms and intended to openly carry. The check in person was pro carry himself, and said that he would have park rangers meet me out our campsite per my request. The Park Rangers told me to leave them under lock and key or else I would be arrested and they brought a photo copy of the statue with them. I have no recordings or letters of the incident...but I do have at least one "credible" witness.

LOERetired

My family took a traditional camping trip during Labor Day weekend this year. When we arrived I let the check in at the park know that I had brought fire arms and intended to openly carry. The check in person was pro carry himself, and said that he would have park rangers meet me out our campsite per my request. The Park Rangers told me to leave them under lock and key or else I would be arrested and they brought a photo copy of the statue with them. I have no recordings or letters of the incident...but I do have at least one "credible" witness.

Pm me and I will give you the phone number to the attorney. Ask him about your witness and what you need to prove this happened. The attorney is looking for those, as nic stated, that have had an experianced an incedent.

Don