• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I would like to host a toys for tots OC picnic on November 28th

manicdevery

I would like to host a toys for tots open carry picnic at the Clio park on Sunday 11-28-10

I would be willing to provide hot dogs, hamburgs, chips, pop, coffee.

I will be bringing any donations to toys for tots Bay City location

I know its a Sunday but its one of my only days off and was posting here to see who might be interested in participating/who is near the area who would be able to show up.

IM me here or just post back

Thanks, Devery

B

Bikenut

Yooperlady and I sure do want to attend... but at this point in time we cannot firmly commit.

steve

Add me as a definit maybe, as in if enough people pull through and this is a go then I will be there.. Can't afford much for a donation but I will have something.

NHCGRPR45

i am in!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is something that is an awesome way to help out kids:lol:! good job for bringing this up on the boards! pm me with anything you might want me to bring and we can make a plan! :lol:
did you post this on MOC boards? if not do so, ! sundays are perfect for me since i have a 6 day work week!:banana:

again good on ya!:monkey

manicdevery

I have been busy at work but i am still a GO for this event

I will pm some people on here to get things rocking. I checked the city of Clio website for any events that could be going on in the park and it seems there are no plans as of now so we seem to be in the clear from interfering with any other's plans.

any one needing directions or help getting a ride etc, pm me and I will do my best to try and help any who wish to attend.

I will be bringing any toy donations to the Bay City toys for tots drop off station on the 29th.

hope everyone has a happy thanksgiving

Devery

manicdevery

Guess I should specify a time for this event huh, I am probaly thinking around 1p.m. for this event. it does not look rainy or snowy so far but i will be keeping an eye on that as we go.

Devery

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
The parks address is

402 N Mill Street
Clio MI 48420

here is a link to the map

getting flyers made today and tonight will get hot dogs and hamburgs

Tell your friends, hope to see you there!!!!

Devery
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=402+N+Mill+Street%0D%0AClio+MI+48420&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-ContextMenu&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7TSHB_en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=402+N+Mill+St,+Clio,+MI+48420&gl=us&ei=Ye7vTKubLtGpnQft_cHICg&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBQQ8gEwAA

Map link

Good Luck!

Last edited:
B

Bikenut

Also posted in "open carry experiences" thread....

Yooperlady and I OC'd to Manicdevery's Toys for Tots OC picnic in Clio's park today. Yooperlady got the tots an electronic percussion noise making thingy.... I got 'em a................

NERF GUN!

Anyway... a reporter from the Herald was there asking opinions about the airline scanners and pat downs. I gave my opinion that the whole thing is nothing more than the government indoctrinating people to submit to authority using the thin excuse that it will make them "safe"... especially since Muslim women can only be patted down from the neck up but 80 year old white grannys and 3 year old kids can be felt up all over.... so exactly what "threat" are they effectively stopping? And when the reporter turned to Yooperlady she echoed what I had said...... and the reporter thanked us for our opinion then hurried off to talk to someone else.

But the reporter came back to talk to everyone at the OC picnic to get info about OC making sure he got a picture of Yooperlady's pink gripped Smith & Wesson and there should be something in the Wednesday issue of the Herald.

All in all a good picnic.....

manicdevery

A good turnout, raised about 30 some toys and had about 15 people show up.
Will do better at advertising for next year but for only a couple of weeks of actual planning everything was great. good people, good food,

and all the people who brought their kids none seemed to be afraid to let their kids play on the playground right next to the gun toten picnic people

Thanx to all that came

Devery

P.s. I will post some photos up here in the next day or two.