Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: National Open Carry Dinner?

National Open Carry Dinner?

I couldnt find out if this had been tried before or not, but what do you guys think the potential is of having a National Open Carry Dinner? Have groups all around the United States go out to Open Carry dinners on the same night? The potential for media attention and awareness could be huge! Just wanted to get some opinions? Thanks guys and gals.
    "Know firearms, know safety. No firearms, no safety"
    "If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts."

Banned
    I think this is a great idea.

At first, I thought you were suggesting that we all get together at one place. However, when I read that you are talking multiple simultaneous events around the nation, I realized that you had a great idea.

I hope others give you positive feedback and that you take a leadership role to make this happen. I will help in any way I can.

I'm in.
    "They don't give a damn about any trumpet playing band
    It ain't what they call rock and roll
    And the Sultans...
    Yeah the Sultans, they play Creole"

OCDO Member
    NCGO Member

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    I think this is a great idea.

At first, I thought you were suggesting that we all get together at one place. However, when I read that you are talking multiple simultaneous events around the nation, I realized that you had a great idea.

I hope others give you positive feedback and that you take a leadership role to make this happen. I will help in any way I can.
    So we're having a national dinner at one place so we can all get together? sounds good, how about in the great state of AL!?

national restaurant chain or would that matter ? Either way, I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by M1Gunr View Post
    national restaurant chain or would that matter ? Either way, I'm in.
    If we can find a national chain that is OC friendly in all states that allow OC then by all means that would be perfect. Anyone have any ideas of a chain that would be on board (Starbucks Excepted. LOL)?
    "Know firearms, know safety. No firearms, no safety"
    "If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts."

Let's Eat !

Excellent Idea! However, in the cold-weather states such as Michigan, an OC celebration with heavy coats is not a good idea. A lot of folks will not participate durring the winter months. If this is to be an annual thing it should be in one of the spring/summer/fall months. If it is to be conducted more often then we cold-weather areas will get our chance to participate.

Need Media assistance

You would need to outreach to all the states major open carry groups. I could handle CA since we have a central hub of contacts here and meet weekly via phone conference. Make sure to get the people of OCDO mods to assist. Please keep me informed.

Be careful of the business you pick to make sure they are not targeted by Brady Campaign folks. Feel free to contact me.

ahelmantoler@responsiblecitizensofca.org

www.facebook.com/ahelmantoler

http://www.responsiblecitizensofcali...anyHelmantoler
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nor-Ca...y/370861594139
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=128039667210283
    Calender of events CA
    http://30boxes.com/widget/8212405/Al...480&width=1262

Don't restaurants in MI have heat?

I think trying to find a national chain restaurant that doesn't sell alcohol would be tough(unless its fast food).....
    If guns cause crime.....mine must be defective.

Quote Originally Posted by swinokur View Post
    Don't restaurants in MI have heat?
    I do not have a CPL and if I cover with a coat I'm illegal in Michigan. I guess we could decoat in the parking lot. But I'm sure a lot of folks who don't have a CPL won't attend. I just think its advisable to make it easy and not throw up any obstacle that would keep people away who would otherwise attend.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Coded-Dude View Post
    I think trying to find a national chain restaurant that doesn't sell alcohol would be tough(unless its fast food).....
    It doesn't have to be the same restaurant everywhere, although a "preferred" chain would be a good idea. Golden Corral comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Coded-Dude View Post
    You are absolutely right. Each group should find a location in there area that is OC friendly and let them benefit. To have to find a national chain to demonstrate at is irrelevant. IMHO

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruger95 View Post
    I do not have a CPL and if I cover with a coat I'm illegal in Michigan. I guess we could decoat in the parking lot. But I'm sure a lot of folks who don't have a CPL won't attend. I just think its advisable to make it easy and not throw up any obstacle that would keep people away who would otherwise attend.
    I think we should hold one as soon as possible and schedule the "Second Annual" plus future events in the Spring or Summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger95 View Post
    You are absolutely right. Each group should find a location in there area that is OC friendly and let them benefit. To have to find a national chain to demonstrate at is irrelevant. IMHO
    I agree about finding different locations. If it's big enough, those of us in states where we can't carry in restaurants with alcohol can say "Look at this event. Many of the people who ate never come to your restaurant because of this state law." Maybe we can get the restaurants behind the change.

I think we should hold one as soon as possible and schedule the "Second Annual" plus future events in the Spring or Summer.
    I agree.
    "They don't give a damn about any trumpet playing band
    It ain't what they call rock and roll
    And the Sultans...
    Yeah the Sultans, they play Creole"

OCDO Member
    NCGO Member

I think 2 National Events would work. If you do too many it will be less news-worthy which after all is the whole point... right?

yes, I like a glass of Jack with dinner.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    This is a good idea, but do keep in mind the four time zones we have in the contiguous states. But if we just said (example) 7:00 o' clock, then while the entire country would not be doing this at the same time, it would work just fine.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Michigan Open Carry supports this idea. Cold weather be damned, that's when a good drop-leg holster comes in handy!

Let us know! We're good to go in Idaho!

After the Superbowl(February 6th) would be good. Nice lead time for planning, a little quieter on the national media front. Between holidays from now until New Years, NCAA bowl games up Jan. 10th for the BCS Championship...then NFL playoffs through Feb. 6th... I vote for a day the in second week of February. Thoughts?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by scot623 View Post
    After the Superbowl(February 6th) would be good. Nice lead time for planning, a little quieter on the national media front. Between holidays from now until New Years, NCAA bowl games up Jan. 10th for the BCS Championship...then NFL playoffs through Feb. 6th... I vote for a day the in second week of February. Thoughts?
    Yeah! And we can buy a Super Bowl ad to publicize it. Anyone got 20 mil lying around?

Seriously, support seems to be mounting!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Great spring time idea.

First get Thanksgiving, Christmas, the New year behind us.

Then when the new congress is seated and we have warmer weather, will be a most appropriate time and insure a higher level of participation.

My 2 1/2 cents worth.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I think this is a GREAT idea! While there could be an annual event, I think this is one, simple method of spreading our business around and making the point that we are making buying decisions based upon these businesses' policies. Local groups should be looking for an "OC-friendly business of the month" to spotlight.
    Last edited by ecocks; 11-12-2010 at 09:00 PM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast