• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National Open Carry Dinner?

Snakemathis

I couldnt find out if this had been tried before or not, but what do you guys think the potential is of having a National Open Carry Dinner? Have groups all around the United States go out to Open Carry dinners on the same night? The potential for media attention and awareness could be huge! Just wanted to get some opinions? Thanks guys and gals.

eye95

I think this is a great idea.

At first, I thought you were suggesting that we all get together at one place. However, when I read that you are talking multiple simultaneous events around the nation, I realized that you had a great idea.

I hope others give you positive feedback and that you take a leadership role to make this happen. I will help in any way I can.

Daylen

I think this is a great idea.

At first, I thought you were suggesting that we all get together at one place. However, when I read that you are talking multiple simultaneous events around the nation, I realized that you had a great idea.

I hope others give you positive feedback and that you take a leadership role to make this happen. I will help in any way I can.

So we're having a national dinner at one place so we can all get together? sounds good, how about in the great state of AL!?

Ruger95

Excellent Idea! However, in the cold-weather states such as Michigan, an OC celebration with heavy coats is not a good idea. A lot of folks will not participate durring the winter months. If this is to be an annual thing it should be in one of the spring/summer/fall months. If it is to be conducted more often then we cold-weather areas will get our chance to participate.

puppy8agun

Need Media assistance

You would need to outreach to all the states major open carry groups. I could handle CA since we have a central hub of contacts here and meet weekly via phone conference. Make sure to get the people of OCDO mods to assist. Please keep me informed.

Be careful of the business you pick to make sure they are not targeted by Brady Campaign folks. Feel free to contact me.

ahelmantoler@responsiblecitizensofca.org

www.facebook.com/ahelmantoler

http://www.responsiblecitizensofcalifornia.org/profile/AlanyHelmantoler
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nor-Cal-Open-Carry/370861594139
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=128039667210283
Calender of events CA
http://30boxes.com/widget/8212405/A...9c1b6ee7853c50160f4dd9d/0/?&tz=480&width=1262

Coded-Dude

I think trying to find a national chain restaurant that doesn't sell alcohol would be tough(unless its fast food).....

Ruger95

Don't restaurants in MI have heat?
I do not have a CPL and if I cover with a coat I'm illegal in Michigan. I guess we could decoat in the parking lot. :uhoh: But I'm sure a lot of folks who don't have a CPL won't attend. I just think its advisable to make it easy and not throw up any obstacle that would keep people away who would otherwise attend.

eye95

I think trying to find a national chain restaurant that doesn't sell alcohol would be tough(unless its fast food).....

It doesn't have to be the same restaurant everywhere, although a "preferred" chain would be a good idea. Golden Corral comes to mind.

Ruger95

You are absolutely right. Each group should find a location in there area that is OC friendly and let them benefit. To have to find a national chain to demonstrate at is irrelevant. IMHO

eye95

I do not have a CPL and if I cover with a coat I'm illegal in Michigan. I guess we could decoat in the parking lot. :uhoh: But I'm sure a lot of folks who don't have a CPL won't attend. I just think its advisable to make it easy and not throw up any obstacle that would keep people away who would otherwise attend.

I think we should hold one as soon as possible and schedule the "Second Annual" plus future events in the Spring or Summer.

sultan62

You are absolutely right. Each group should find a location in there area that is OC friendly and let them benefit. To have to find a national chain to demonstrate at is irrelevant. IMHO

I agree about finding different locations. If it's big enough, those of us in states where we can't carry in restaurants with alcohol can say "Look at this event. Many of the people who ate never come to your restaurant because of this state law." Maybe we can get the restaurants behind the change.

I think we should hold one as soon as possible and schedule the "Second Annual" plus future events in the Spring or Summer.

I agree.

Ruger95

I think 2 National Events would work. If you do too many it will be less news-worthy which after all is the whole point... right?