• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What do you do?

mobodyguard

Question: For those that wish to disclose this information, How many have have a CCW but also Open Carry, but the Question is, how many find themselves that believe highly in Open Carry doin more of Conceal carrying than open carry and why?

Last edited:

Jim40Cal

I have a ccw but since I found out about open carry I do alot more open carrying now.
I think it's high time people stood up for there rights and to hell with what people think.
People died for those rights and every American should stand up and exercise those rights before they take them away.
Vietnam Veteran Chapter #243

mobodyguard

i feel u jim, i think i need to do more open carrying, cause i always say at the get togethers that i dont encounter LEO to much but i have seen why, cause i dont do alot of open carrying, every since the fox 4 report i have been aproached by ppl that seen me on tv and then ask why i wasnt open carrying at that time

patriotthad

I very rarely conceal my weapon. I feel that OC is superior in several ways.
#1 It is an excercise of our God given rights.
#2 We MUST EDUCATE the public. When Prop B was being debated back in 1999, many people were against it because they erronously thought that if passed people would begin to carry, not knowing that it already was legal.
#3 I don't have to change my wardrobe. I can wear whatever I want without wearing a vest, coat or leaving my shirt untucked.
#4 Many who are CCW holders will not OC because they think that OC is somehow immoral.
#5 I am LEO and can carry in cities that ban OC, but I hardly ever wear a badge so that OC will be promoted.

nrepuyan

i find it depends on what i'm doing...having to work m-f i typically cc seeing as to how it's work. since i end up cc due to work i find that i stay cc the rest of the day since it's easier and i usually forget about it.

if i'm not working and just running around, i'll oc.

cshoff

For me, open carry in public is not suitable for my lifestyle or my job, nor is it conducive to the defensive mindset I prefer to operate with most of the time. I don't have the desire or the time to address or respond to inquisitive citizens or overly intrusive LEO's as I go about my daily affairs, and I always prefer to have more tactical options rather than fewer and I feel I get more options from my concealed firearm than I do from a openly carried one.

That said, I do openly carry here around my property on a regular basis. I have 440 acres that we routinely hike, hunt, and ride ATV's on, and open carry works extremely well when I am engaged in those activities. My wife and I also walk each day, usually 2 or 3 miles, on the county roads, and I nearly always open carry while we walk.

I believe every law abiding adult citizen should have the legal flexibility to choose the mode of carry that works best for them and their particular lifestyle, and with whatever activity they are engaged in. Having options is a good thing.

ChiangShih

For me it is rather seasonal. When its warm outside I often OC, even if I'm CC it's usually not covered well, the most I'll throw on over it is an open over shirt. Winter I CC more often simply because its harder to OC with my coat and jackets. In the past 6 months I've been CCW much more, but that is because I turned 23, 6 months ago.

jad316

I conceal carry aswell mostly due to work. Although I would LOVE the option to open carry whenever I decide to. With this being said I usually carry around the car all the ordinances of each municipalities I'm in just in case. I would hope oneday I or anyone on here would NOT have to worry about breaking any laws...

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
I have a CCW and I OC. The city in which I live and have my primary office has an ordinance prohibiting OC and no inclination to repeal it. The rest of the county and most every place nearby is OC legal. Obviously, I CC a lot although, for business reasons, I would usually CC during the business day and business functions anyway. I will OC in my offices when it is only me and my staff or with select customers who are carry friendly. Otherwise I cover or put it in the locked desk drawer depending on what I am wearing.

As other said, I OC far more in the summer than cooler months simply because I wear a lot of sports coats and sweaters in the winter so I am de facto CC unless I made a special effort to OC. As I am a proponent of carrying as it is most comfortable for the citizen (assuming the situation is appropriate for either) and not inclined to be inconvenienced to go OC in the winter any more than I am to go CC in the summer.