• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Switching from "driving" to "walk" mode?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Here in GA, we need a GWL to carry CC or OC :(

Georgia Wildlife License?

Dots funny, t'ink it be a GFL.

...................................:uhoh:
gflfront.gif

http://www.georgiapacking.org/gfl.php

Last edited:

waapl01

Walking versus driving

Since you can't (to my understanding) carry, in holster while driving, is there a better way to swtich from center console or glovebox (legal here in va) to holster without it being so....awkward? It's annoying having to mount and dismount every time i go from Wendy's to the gas station...I wish I could just leave it in the holster. I usually dismount out of holster AFTER i sit in the car, door closed. Then mount back up BEFORE exiting the car. Is this correct? Any thoughts? Thanks guys/gals!

Get your concealed carry permit 50 bucks for 5 years and u don't have to play with this unless ur a criminal.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Georgia Weapons Carry License. They changed the name after SB308 was passed.

Ah so, that makes me a haf as so and proof that Google is not always your friend. :(

Appreciate the update. Presume that means tools other than handguns are covered.

Daylen

Asking permission to exercise a right should be alien to an American. However, many Americans take that asking for permission so in stride that they are shocked when we don't have to ask for permission.

It was astounding this weekend at the gun show how many people insisted that OC was lawful with a permit and were incredulous when I pointed out that the ALSC said it was a right that the State could not regulate.

We need to help reorient Americans to the notion that it is the government who should be asking us for permission to do what it does, not vice versa.

Most of the laws people "know" are what they learn watching movies and TV. Hence why people in some of the freest states believe a permit is required to own or buy firearms, much less carry them.

eye95

Most of the laws people "know" are what they learn watching movies and TV. Hence why people in some of the freest states believe a permit is required to own or buy firearms, much less carry them.

True. What really bothered me is that these were gun-owners. I expected that group to be more informed on gun law than the general populace. I was wrong.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
True. What really bothered me is that these were gun-owners. I expected that group to be more informed on gun law than the general populace. I was wrong.

They drink from the same well - no surprise that their growth has been stunted.

This is where OC and we as a community are so effective - we cause people to ask questions, learn and expand their horizons. It is not always a painless journey though, breaking down decades of mental barriers and reinstilling a personal sense of responsibility.

since9

Campaign Veteran
They drink from the same well - no surprise that their growth has been stunted.

This is where OC and we as a community are so effective - we cause people to ask questions, learn and expand their horizons. It is not always a painless journey though, breaking down decades of mental barriers and reinstilling a personal sense of responsibility.

That's why I started with my son when he was 9. I'm a firm believer our basic Constitutional rights should be taught to our children in the public schools.

Fat chance, given the anti-Constitutional NEA:

"In recent decades the NEA has increased its visibility in party politics, endorsing more Democratic Party candidates and contributing funds and other assistance to political campaigns. The NEA asserts itself as "non-partisan", but critics point out that the NEA has endorsed and provided support for every Democratic Party presidential nominee from Jimmy Carter to Barack Obama and has never endorsed any Republican or third party candidate for the presidency." - Source

Last edited: