• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Parents protest gun shop near school. MKE JournalSentinel.com

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
http://www.jsonline.com/news/107386208.html
MJS Excerpt said:
In reply to questions about exposing pupils to a firearms outlet, or about criminals and straw buyers being drawn to the store, Fendry offered a synopsis of state gun laws and rights of gun shop owners.

"If you are opposed to gun shops you are not going to like the facts," Fendry told the audience.

City officials have said the gun shop is a permitted zoning use, and an occupancy permit for the business was issued in August.

The Common Council will hold a public hearing Tuesday to discuss possible changes in zoning rules that would outlaw future gun shops in similar districts.

protias

I don't get why people are so up in arms about this shop being across the street from a school.