• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OMFG STUPID PEOPLE ALERT! - Fox six news story

M

McX

Open that sucker across from my house! I'd love it! so would my kids! might break ol homeland's heart though.

J.Gleason

Banned
I was very pleased to hear the last female speakers comments, that guns do not kill people, people kill people. It is always nice to see women that have common sense on such issues.

anmut

WOW is all I can say. What shoe box do these people live in and how much bleach do they drink on a daily basis? That one woman that was demanding this fella start a new business - wow, just wow.

It shows you though what kind of thought process we are up against on a daily basis.

78 Camaro

Walmart?

I wonder if these same people went after walmart?

The toy section is literally 15 feet away from the gun section!

How many of these yahoo's bought their kids shooting themed video games? hmmmm..

Last edited:

oliverclotheshoff

wow just plain wow

if a person really sits down and thinks about it it just might prevent a schhol shooting they might think twice about shooting up the place with a fully stocked gun shop next door

Old Grump

Not a problem, open up an indoor gun range in the school, sell 22 rifles and ammo at a discount to the school and offer free marksmanship classes. Ninnies who would prefer their children to remain ignorant so that if they ever do get their hands on a gun they will be a danger to themselves and others are free to move to a country where civilian access to guns is illegal.

Of course they might have to become Muslims but that is a small price to pay for complete safety delivered by an autocratic society.

puppy8agun

Education is key

I would encourage the building to have education and outreach for youth shooting sports and gun safety classes.

anmut

Our media has whipped the ignorant masses into such a frenzy if you mention the word "gun" and "school" it's pathetic.

I'd bet that if this came about before the school rampages of the late 90's there wouldn't have been so much of a peep.

But of course, some soccer moms and PROBABLY some good 'ol liberal school teachers and administrators assume that this gun store is going to be opened up for the sole purpose of selling illegal machine guns to minors so that they can kill everyone.

Either that or they are really worried that every gun in the store will be loaded and pointing at the school and that they might just start randomly going off at any minute during the day.

anmut

More great choices by school administrators:

http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/ktxl-americanflagbike11122010,0,3045879.htmlstory

SNIP:
13-year-old Cody Alicea rides with an American flag on the back of his bike. He says he does this to be patriotic and to honor veterans, like his own grandfather, Robert. He's had the flag on his bike for two months but Monday, was asked told to take it down.

A school official at Denair Middle School told Cody some students had been complaining about the flag and it was no longer allowed on school property.

"In this country we're supposed to be free," said Cody. "And I should be able to wave my flag wherever I want to. And they're telling me I can't."

Cody's grandfather says the school was concerned about racial tensions or uprisings because of the flag. He feels if there was really a problem it should have been brought up two months ago, not during Veterans week.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Kids and guns...

Not a problem, open up an indoor gun range in the school, sell 22 rifles and ammo at a discount to the school and offer free marksmanship classes. Ninnies who would prefer their children to remain ignorant so that if they ever do get their hands on a gun they will be a danger to themselves and others are free to move to a country where civilian access to guns is illegal. ....

For those who have never heard of Major General Peter Cosgrove, this gentleman is a highly decorated, now retired Australian military man who served his country with great distinction.

General Cosgrove was interviewed on the radio. Please follow his reply to the lady who interviewed him concerning guns and children. This is one of the best comeback lines of all time.

In a portion of an ABC radio interview between a female broadcaster and General Cosgrove who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military Headquarters.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
So, General Cosgrove, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

GENERAL COSGROVE:
We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL COSGROVE:
I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL COSGROVE:
I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL COSGROVE:
Well, Ma'am, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?

The radiocast went silent for 46 seconds and when it returned, the interview was over.