Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pleasant Hill, CA / Brady Campaign Targets Nations due to Open Carry Event

Pleasant Hill, CA / Brady Campaign Targets Nations due to Open Carry Event

Event can be found here:
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=164771866878460

http://claycord.com/2010/11/12/brady...#comment-67674

Brady Campaign calls for no “open carry” at Nation’s in Pleasant Hill
    NOVEMBER 12, 2010 9:30 AM · 13 COMMENTS
    California Brady Campaign is calling on Nation’s Hamburgers to prevent the planned November 27th Open Carry meeting in Pleasant Hill.

The Brady Campaign issued the following statement….

The Contra Costa Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence has learned that the local Open Carry group will be bringing their guns to Nation’s Hamburgers restaurant in Pleasant Hill on Saturday, November 27th.

The Brady Campaign has contacted Nations Headquarters in Emeryville and asked that they issue a NO GUNS policy for their entire chain of California restaurants. The Brady Campaign took similar actions in the past to get the chains of Peets Tea & Coffee, California Pizza Kitchens, Buckhorn Grill and others who all have implemented NO GUNS policies for their stores.

The Contra Costa Brady Campaign is awaiting Nation’s response. If the meeting is held, Brady Campaign members say they will picket the location to inform and educate customers of the public safety risk to their families.

Event:

Saturday, November 27 · 2:00pm - 4:00pm
    Location Nation's Giant Burger
    1900 Contra Costa Blvd # A,
    Pleasant Hill, CA

Participating individuals are asked to verify that all meetup locations are not within 1,000 feet of a K-12 school or otherwise in an area where open carry is unlawful.

There is a Starbucks right next door for those who wish to have coffee instead or in addition to.

Contact Nations and ask they do not cave:
    http://www.nationsrestaurants.com/company/index.html

I wish they would send some brady picketers to our OC events down here.

I bet they'd have a hard time as no one cares about the Brady Campaign, even in liberal Southern California.

It would be a great photo op to see them picketing our upcoming beach cleanup.
    Last edited by hgreen; 11-12-2010 at 02:33 PM.

Forgive me for sounding stupid, but isn't the Brady Campaign AGAINST OC'ing?
    IT is better to have a gun on you and NOT need it, than to need a gun and NOT have it on you...

Yes the OC event was planned. Brady Grumps decided to file formal letter to nations and ask they change their gun policy to NO GUNS allowed. They will also picket the business if they don't get their way(i.e. they don't get to infringe upon your rights).
    If guns cause crime.....mine must be defective.

You guys and gals should mingle with the Bradys. Don't say anything, just walk among them, and smile.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar
    Karen Arntzen, a California Brady Bunch promoter, lives in Pleasant Hill. This probably is particularly annoying to her.

bring your own signs and picket with them...just remember its unlawful to picket when carrying a loaded firearm.
    If guns cause crime.....mine must be defective.

Without looking stupid, let's have some fun with them...lol... (of course doing it the right way)
    IT is better to have a gun on you and NOT need it, than to need a gun and NOT have it on you...

If they do cave in and issue a No Guns policy, I can guarantee that I'll never darken the door step of any company they own/run and I'll tell everyone here in the Arizona forum as well!

Stand strong Nations!

-MH
    $2 Bill - Calling Card of the 2A Movement
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
    Seriously, who is John Galt?
    Vires et honestas

A picture of you guys among the Fraidys would be priceless. Strong side toward the cameras.
    Last edited by Gundude; 11-12-2010 at 03:19 PM.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
    A picture of you guys among the Fraidys would be priceless. Strong side toward the cameras.
    Will do :-)

And I already show up to their events and mingle, I just get kicked out in 30 seconds.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...9&l=c2752a73ea

This was this last weekend

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...9&l=3dd4dd1d09
    This is the Lafayette Debate where I sat right in the middle of the Brady Campaign people. I was criticized by some open carriers for doing this, however, most found it amusing. I have one hell of a sense of humor.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1516920629
    across from me I took a picture at the state capitol of the Wilcox's we even sat next to each other at one point 8/31. The Sgt at Arms there was standing close and smirking at the fact I was having a civil conversation with them

Call me a fool, I will prove it different. There are reasons for all my actions, always. The power to lobby! We all can.

Get 'em!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coded-Dude View Post
    bring your own signs and picket with them...just remember its unlawful to picket when carrying a loaded firearm.
    This is mostly untrue. It's unlawful to picket when it is related to work. It's perfectly lawful to picket anything else.

# 12590. (a) Any person who does any of the following acts while engaged in picketing, or other informational activities in a public place relating to a concerted refusal to work, is guilty of a misdemeanor: (1) Carries concealed upon his person or within any vehicle which is under his or her control or direction any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person. (2) Carries a loaded firearm upon his or her person or within any vehicle which is under his or her control or direction. (3) Carries a deadly weapon. (4) Wears the uniform of a peace officer, whether or not the person is a peace officer. (b) This section shall not be construed to authorize or ratify any picketing or other informational activities not otherwise authorized by law. (c) Section 12027 shall not be construed to authorize any conduct described in paragraph (1) of subdivision (a), nor shall subdivision (b) of Section 12031 be construed to authorize any conduct described in paragraph (2) of subdivision (a).

Negative, only if in conjunction with "...a concerted refulsal to work" i.e. labor dispute.

12590. (a) Any person who does any of the following acts while
    engaged in picketing, or other informational activities in a public
    place relating to a concerted refusal to work, is guilty of a
    misdemeanor:
    (1) Carries concealed upon his person or within any vehicle which
    is under his or her control or direction any pistol, revolver, or
    other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person.
    (2) Carries a loaded firearm upon his or her person or within any
    vehicle which is under his or her control or direction.
    (3) Carries a deadly weapon.
    (4) Wears the uniform of a peace officer, whether or not the
    person is a peace officer.
    (b) This section shall not be construed to authorize or ratify any
    picketing or other informational activities not otherwise authorized
    by law.
    (c) Section 12027 shall not be construed to authorize any conduct
    described in paragraph (1) of subdivision (a), nor shall subdivision
    (b) of Section 12031 be construed to authorize any conduct described
    in paragraph (2) of subdivision (a).

Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe416 View Post
    This is mostly untrue. It's unlawful to picket when it is related to work. It's perfectly lawful to picket anything else.
    Lol, I knew I should of finished reading the thread before posting...

Quote Originally Posted by mjones View Post
    Lol, I knew I should of finished reading the thread before posting...
    The only reason I finished reading the thread was because I figured you had posted a correction already.

Quote Originally Posted by puppy8agun View Post
    The Contra Costa Brady Campaign is awaiting Nation’s response. If the meeting is held, Brady Campaign members say they will picket the location to inform and educate customers of the public safety risk to their families.
    In every other instance I've ever seen or heard of, anti gunners and OCers have kept their protests separate, other than big protests from years ago which were nationally publicized, and that would refer more to unarmed DC protests. And even then, most tended not to intermingle with others. It's rather bad form to go around trying to initiate a ******* contest at another group's planned event. A counter protest elsewhere is fine, but trying to picket the restaurant a group is meeting at is downright low class.

Anyone figure this is perhaps a good sign that they are getting desperate and willing to stoop to new lows?
    Last edited by Michigander; 11-19-2010 at 11:04 AM.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

This event will go on as planned. Even if the Brady's get the way and Nations cave. (we will just not buy anything).

Contra Costa Open Carry WILL be there in full support.

Come on out and support the cause. Meet new friends and share information.

Dale
    CCOC

Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post

Anyone figure this is perhaps a good sign that they are getting desperate and willing to stoop lows?
    Oh they have, and will. There is no such thing as "too low" for folks like Bradys.

kittyhawk63
    I just emailed Nations to give you guys support. I signed it with my official title:
    Dr. (name)

Hope that will help a bit.

kh63

KH

Thank you,
    Every bit helps.

Dale
    CCOC

...They will also picket the business if they don't get their way...
    They need to have supporters to picket...

I would also advise Nations what has happened to Starbucks since their "we follow the law" stance and Pete's coffee since they publicly stated a "no guns" policy.
    Last edited by demnogis; 11-13-2010 at 01:33 PM.
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

Brady Campaign is planning to picket Nations on November 27, from 2 to 4pm. There's also this post over at sfgate: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...entry_id=76930
    Last edited by bigtoe416; 11-13-2010 at 08:29 PM.

The first rule of Fight Club is...you do not talk about Fight Club

You know... if some restraint could be exercized in publically announcing plans for an open carry 'event', there would be no way the Brady's could respond in kind. That being said, the only reason I can imagine we would need to make an announcement is if we were seeking the attention of the Brady's, law enforcement, or the media. Strategically, it's pretty weak, as it places our venues and advocacy within reach of our enemies.

Now that you likely have the attention of all three and I assume that this is going forward as planned, I hope there is some strategy to make the Brady's appear foolish and impotent while the media watches, as well as some plan to integrate local law enforcement into the plan so there is not a TV interview interupted by an (e) check ALA Walter Stanley.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Now this is what I'm thinking, now the cat is out of the bag...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...6&postcount=96
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast