• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pleasant Hill, CA / Brady Campaign Targets Nations due to Open Carry Event

puppy8agun

Event can be found here:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=164771866878460

http://claycord.com/2010/11/12/brad...n-pleasant-hill/comment-page-1/#comment-67674

Brady Campaign calls for no “open carry” at Nation’s in Pleasant Hill
NOVEMBER 12, 2010 9:30 AM · 13 COMMENTS
California Brady Campaign is calling on Nation’s Hamburgers to prevent the planned November 27th Open Carry meeting in Pleasant Hill.

The Brady Campaign issued the following statement….

The Contra Costa Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence has learned that the local Open Carry group will be bringing their guns to Nation’s Hamburgers restaurant in Pleasant Hill on Saturday, November 27th.

The Brady Campaign has contacted Nations Headquarters in Emeryville and asked that they issue a NO GUNS policy for their entire chain of California restaurants. The Brady Campaign took similar actions in the past to get the chains of Peets Tea & Coffee, California Pizza Kitchens, Buckhorn Grill and others who all have implemented NO GUNS policies for their stores.

The Contra Costa Brady Campaign is awaiting Nation’s response. If the meeting is held, Brady Campaign members say they will picket the location to inform and educate customers of the public safety risk to their families.

Event:

Saturday, November 27 · 2:00pm - 4:00pm
Location Nation's Giant Burger
1900 Contra Costa Blvd # A,
Pleasant Hill, CA

Participating individuals are asked to verify that all meetup locations are not within 1,000 feet of a K-12 school or otherwise in an area where open carry is unlawful.

There is a Starbucks right next door for those who wish to have coffee instead or in addition to.

Contact Nations and ask they do not cave:
http://www.nationsrestaurants.com/company/index.html

Last edited:

hgreen

I wish they would send some brady picketers to our OC events down here.

I bet they'd have a hard time as no one cares about the Brady Campaign, even in liberal Southern California.

It would be a great photo op to see them picketing our upcoming beach cleanup.

Last edited:

Coded-Dude

Yes the OC event was planned. Brady Grumps decided to file formal letter to nations and ask they change their gun policy to NO GUNS allowed. They will also picket the business if they don't get their way(i.e. they don't get to infringe upon your rights).

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Karen Arntzen, a California Brady Bunch promoter, lives in Pleasant Hill. This probably is particularly annoying to her.

Coded-Dude

bring your own signs and picket with them...just remember its unlawful to picket when carrying a loaded firearm.

March Hare

If they do cave in and issue a No Guns policy, I can guarantee that I'll never darken the door step of any company they own/run and I'll tell everyone here in the Arizona forum as well!

Stand strong Nations!

-MH

puppy8agun

A picture of you guys among the Fraidys would be priceless. Strong side toward the cameras.

Will do :)

And I already show up to their events and mingle, I just get kicked out in 30 seconds.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=91121&id=1516920629&l=c2752a73ea

This was this last weekend

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=62156&id=1516920629&l=3dd4dd1d09
This is the Lafayette Debate where I sat right in the middle of the Brady Campaign people. I was criticized by some open carriers for doing this, however, most found it amusing. I have one hell of a sense of humor.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1393936&l=384c3fc08d&id=1516920629
across from me I took a picture at the state capitol of the Wilcox's we even sat next to each other at one point 8/31. The Sgt at Arms there was standing close and smirking at the fact I was having a civil conversation with them

Call me a fool, I will prove it different. There are reasons for all my actions, always. The power to lobby! We all can.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
bring your own signs and picket with them...just remember its unlawful to picket when carrying a loaded firearm.

This is mostly untrue. It's unlawful to picket when it is related to work. It's perfectly lawful to picket anything else.

# 12590. (a) Any person who does any of the following acts while engaged in picketing, or other informational activities in a public place relating to a concerted refusal to work, is guilty of a misdemeanor: (1) Carries concealed upon his person or within any vehicle which is under his or her control or direction any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person. (2) Carries a loaded firearm upon his or her person or within any vehicle which is under his or her control or direction. (3) Carries a deadly weapon. (4) Wears the uniform of a peace officer, whether or not the person is a peace officer. (b) This section shall not be construed to authorize or ratify any picketing or other informational activities not otherwise authorized by law. (c) Section 12027 shall not be construed to authorize any conduct described in paragraph (1) of subdivision (a), nor shall subdivision (b) of Section 12031 be construed to authorize any conduct described in paragraph (2) of subdivision (a).

mjones

Negative, only if in conjunction with "...a concerted refulsal to work" i.e. labor dispute.

12590. (a) Any person who does any of the following acts while
engaged in picketing, or other informational activities in a public
place relating to a concerted refusal to work, is guilty of a
misdemeanor:
(1) Carries concealed upon his person or within any vehicle which
is under his or her control or direction any pistol, revolver, or
other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person.
(2) Carries a loaded firearm upon his or her person or within any
vehicle which is under his or her control or direction.
(3) Carries a deadly weapon.
(4) Wears the uniform of a peace officer, whether or not the
person is a peace officer.
(b) This section shall not be construed to authorize or ratify any
picketing or other informational activities not otherwise authorized
by law.
(c) Section 12027 shall not be construed to authorize any conduct
described in paragraph (1) of subdivision (a), nor shall subdivision
(b) of Section 12031 be construed to authorize any conduct described
in paragraph (2) of subdivision (a).

Michigander

The Contra Costa Brady Campaign is awaiting Nation’s response. If the meeting is held, Brady Campaign members say they will picket the location to inform and educate customers of the public safety risk to their families.

In every other instance I've ever seen or heard of, anti gunners and OCers have kept their protests separate, other than big protests from years ago which were nationally publicized, and that would refer more to unarmed DC protests. And even then, most tended not to intermingle with others. It's rather bad form to go around trying to initiate a ******* contest at another group's planned event. A counter protest elsewhere is fine, but trying to picket the restaurant a group is meeting at is downright low class.

Anyone figure this is perhaps a good sign that they are getting desperate and willing to stoop to new lows?

Last edited:

Iopencarry

This event will go on as planned. Even if the Brady's get the way and Nations cave. (we will just not buy anything).

Contra Costa Open Carry WILL be there in full support.

Come on out and support the cause. Meet new friends and share information.

Dale
CCOC

K

kittyhawk63

I just emailed Nations to give you guys support. I signed it with my official title:
Dr. (name)

Hope that will help a bit.

kh63