• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pleasant Hill, CA / Brady Campaign Targets Nations due to Open Carry Event

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
The first rule of Fight Club is...you do not talk about Fight Club

You know... if some restraint could be exercized in publically announcing plans for an open carry 'event', there would be no way the Brady's could respond in kind. That being said, the only reason I can imagine we would need to make an announcement is if we were seeking the attention of the Brady's, law enforcement, or the media. Strategically, it's pretty weak, as it places our venues and advocacy within reach of our enemies.

Now that you likely have the attention of all three and I assume that this is going forward as planned, I hope there is some strategy to make the Brady's appear foolish and impotent while the media watches, as well as some plan to integrate local law enforcement into the plan so there is not a TV interview interupted by an (e) check ALA Walter Stanley.

puppy8agun

Now this is what I'm thinking, now the cat is out of the bag...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=5295756&postcount=96

Love the ideas! Thanks. Some is going to change on this event and will be sent to those who rsvp'd. I am sure others will show up anyways on time. I doubt most would not agree to not carry.

I am a woman but am not on arm crutches at the moment but every once in a while I am, that is known by those closest to me.

Anybody have a wheelchair to prove a point?

puppy8agun

Toys-4-Tots benefit Open Carry event

RCC and CCOC will be collecting toys for the Toys-4-Tots program 11/27 at Nation's Giant Burger open carry event 2-4 PM. Since Brady Campaign has agreed to help us with media <annoyed> we will use the support to help us collect toys for the toys-4-tots program started by Contra Costa Open Carry

See flyer for additional details.http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1617938&l=f709d41d19&id=1516920629

photo.php

wrightme

Yes, it will be GREAT to bring your family, others will too. I am sure A.H. will have her girls, they are almost always along.
JJ, if he can make it will have his boy, and there will be others.

Dale
CCOC
Brady-Buncher: "But Sir, Think of the Children!"
OC-er: (looks at his daughters). "Ma'am, that is WHY I carry."

Iopencarry

Gundude,

That is what I am hoping for. While it is not a requirement, it is strongly urged. :):)

I don't care how much it cost, $5.00, $10.00, any and all will be welcomed. Bring what ever you can afford. I will have my van and( trailer) to fill, if necessary.

puppy8agun

I would like to ask that everyone that will attend this meet up RSVP, on the facebook link, or to the email below.
We have plans that can not be discussed in a public forum.
Thank you.

Dale
CCOC

Thanks Dale, please everyone that RSVP's will get the messages about the rest of the story right before the event, otherwise show up early so we can fill you in. Wear comfortable clothes and let's hope it does not rain. There are plenty of open carry friendly places to eat other than just Nations.

Iopencarry

In the planing stages. I missed the chance earlier in the yr for one, as it takes a min of 90 days for the blood back to plan. Was going to have it with the picnic, but did not have the time for the bank.

I will have one after the new yr.