• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pleasant Hill, CA / Brady Campaign Targets Nations due to Open Carry Event

Iopencarry

As one of the organizers of this event, I would like to say,
THANK YOU.
We must be thinking of the families that do not have jobs this year. With the unemployment rate as high as it is, and all the families that no longer get unemployment, We are close to 13-14 % unemployed in our area. The kids in these houses, are/will be lucky to have a roof, and maybe food. Christmas will be mighty slim for most people. We must think of how we would feel waking up without any gifts under the tree. Waking up without a tree. Thank you all for your support.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Here's the Brady's latest email regarding the Nations meet:

1. Nov. 27: Protest Open Carry Meeting in Pleasant Hill! --Open Carry Group Tries to Hide their Guns Behind Toys for Tots Drive!
Like a Trojan "Hobby" Horse at Pleasant Hill's gate, the Contra Costa Open Carry group will bring their lethal weapons to Nation's Hamburgers under the guise of a Toys for Tots drive. The extremist groups Contra Costa Open Carry (CCOC) and Responsible Citizens of CA (RCC) will be meeting there on Saturday, Nov. 27, from 2-4 pm.

After learning that the CA Brady Campaign was going to picket their meeting, they quickly made up a cause to hide behind to try to ingratiate their activities with a disapproving public . (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=362460&page=4 puppy8a9: "Brady Campaign is protesting this event so we are using the media to promote a cause started by CCOC." kermit315: "haha, it really is "for the children"... I can't wait to see BB protest a toy drive." )

This phony charitable gesture is designed to soften their image and disguise their real agenda of Any Gun, for Anyone, Any Where. It is a particularly insidious attempt because 8 children are killed every day in America from unintentional shootings http://bradycampaign.com/facts/gunviolence/gvunintentional. The Open Carry movement is trying to normalize the carrying of lethal weapons in public and convince people that it is safe to have guns around families and children who are dining out.

This is a Public Health and Safety menace. We all know that tragic gun accidents happen every day (see #3). We should have a right to dine in peace without being subjected to second-hand smoke or second-hand crossfire! The CA Brady Campaign is launching a "Demand Gun-free Dining" project that calls upon CA restaurant owners to ban guns on their private property --much like they banned smoking before it was required of them to do so.

TELL OC EXTREMISTS THAT GUNS AND TOYS DO NOT MIX!

TAKE ACTION!

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
After learning that the CA Brady Campaign was going to picket their meeting, they quickly made up a cause to hide behind to try to ingratiate their activities with a disapproving public .

Oh really? Quickly made up a cause to hide behind?

Like NINE months ago? I guess they dont read here much.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...Intimidation&p=1140315&viewfull=1#post1140315

And ironically, it was in response to their strategy of intimidating business owners into not serving gun owners. I'm now anxious to see just how many of their supporters manage to make an appearance to bully private buisness owners into complying with their gun free ideals.

Iopencarry

Just to be truthful to all of you here, I started the Toy for Tots Drive Drive through CCOC Before I knew about the Brady protest. It was planned on Nov 7th, while I was in Reno at the Gun Show, without internet. did not know or hear about the protest until I returned on Tuesday the 9th. It might have even been the 10th. That I do not recall.
I posted the toy drive into the 27th meet up to get more toys, and to be able to have a central pick-up point. Sense we had an event going that was a good time and place to meet.
We (RCC and CCOC) then decided to make it a lot bigger then I had even dreamed of. Thanks to RCC for the P.R. and help getting the word out.

The reason behind the Toy Drive is that I used to have them years ago when involved in CA4WDC, INC. and Making Track 4x4, and Knight Riders 4x4 clubs. (now disbanded).

I have had a good year, work has been better then the last few. I have many friends, co-workers, out of work. The kids are going to not be able to have a good Christmas. While I can not help everyone, the Toys for Tots program is the best way I know of to help.
We have over 300 people out of work just in my local alone. In Contra Costa County, the last numbers I have heard has been 11-12% unemployed. That does not take into those that have been out so long they are not able to collect any unemployment checks. If a true count was made, it would most likely be in excess of 16-17% or more.

if I can use them to promote the drive I will. Let them spin it as they will. I have no control over that.

Dale
CCOC

on edit, I went to see when I set up the Toy Drive. Looks like I did it the eve of the 8th, to run from the 9th to Dec 21th.

Time
Tuesday, November 9 at 3:30am - December 21 at 7:30pm
Location Contra Costa County
Created By
Contra Costa Open Carry
I will be collecting new unwrapped gifts for Toys For Tots. If you can donate, please let me know and I will see to it that the toys get delivered to the U.S. Marines, CCC area. I can pick up in the CCC area. Thank you, for the kids
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=145183392196612&index=1

Attach:

Contra Costa Open Carry If you need toys picked up, please post here, or email contracostaopencarry@yahoo.com

Thanks

Last edited:

Gundude

The CA Brady Campaign is launching a "Demand Gun-free Dining" project that calls upon CA restaurant owners to ban guns on their private property --much like they banned smoking before it was required of them to do so.

So, they are going to contact every restaurant in Calif. Yeah, right.

puppy8agun

More at Open Carry than meets the eye

I wonder if they will also protest the street clean up in SF that same day 1-3pm. All this darn public services we have been planning since August must be stopped I guess. It takes a bunch of planning and cannot normally be put together this fast. Our canned food drive, military overseas program and food for the needy are also planned. After we have some other ideas and direction like another blood drive in a few months but only those involved in the planning would ever know that.

There has been a Marine shooting event for the past 18 years that helps toys-for-tots but they must have just been hiding too. I have been talking to and coordinating with a youth center for youth safety education but who would know this? Since end of legislative session and before some of us have been planning and talking about community service. Community service has been part of the board meetings in RCC since I joined them in July and prior with some of the board members.

Nothing new to hide behind, this is old planning on behalf of Dale that RCC stands behind. Dale has quite a bit of experience with this and I am glad he started that. Community service activities and conversations are part of most if not all open carry events I attend and have attended. Several of us have been pressing blood drives and clean up events. I have been participating in education like many of us in open carry which was never new and created but always part of open carry.

Iopencarry

There will be an off-site Blood Drive, and also a neighbored liter pick-up.
Many things to help promote OC, and Self defense.

We need to get the word out there are way we can legally "take back out streets"

Hope to see some of you on Saturday

Dale
CCOC

demnogis

Holy CRAP. Contra Costa is up north... Near San Leandro. That dumpster, I'd definitely never go back unless I were carrying. Close to the Bay Area... Explains why the Bradys would try to organize a protest there... I guess they're too damn lazy to come to SoCal though. Too bad...

TJB

So what happened to the OC event in Pleasant Hill today? I was there and there were a coulple of other guys there and nobody knew what was going on. How can we stay updated?

TJB

Ok, I had the wrong day. stupid newspaper. I have my sign ready. It say's " GUN CONTROL IS FOR COWARDS AND FOOLS". I intend to be there and protest with them. Hasta Manyana.
T.

Iopencarry

Yea, I got them to do a correction on their website, and also their facebook site, but nothing I could do with the print issues.
Thank you for coming out and will look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

If you are on Facebook, look us up at Contra Costa Open Carry and also Responsible Citizens of California.

You can also reach me by using the E-mail below.

Dale
CCOC

TJB

Gun Control is for Cowards and Fools

That was hella fun. Shmoozin' wit the Brady's, it's like having that conversation with my mom all over again. Sure miss you Mom. But never fear, your son is still speaking his mind just like always! GO OC!! Thanks for getting the conversation going guys. We'll have to do this again sometime!

TJB

Pics of OC in PH? 11/27/10

Oh Yea, If anyone got pics of me with my sign could you forward them to me? I'd like to post them on my facebook page. Thanks much. jrtj@comcast.net