• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Comfort

Phssthpok

Everyone is talking about the belt and (apparently) not addressing the problem mentioned.

While it's true that a good stiff belt will prevent the sidearm from 'tilting' out away from the body (and usually 'flopping' as well), it won't necessarily address the main complaint in the OP, namely the weight of the sidearm dragging down the pants.

So after getting very fed up with this holster, I decided to purchase one I have heard talked about favorably many times; the Blackhawk CQC Serpa. I have been much happier with this holster, it is much less bulky, and doesn't have the same tendency to lean out. BUT it still loves to pull of my pants. Suspenders counter this to a point, but they are not always comfortable, practical, or attractive (considering I am only 25. They just look better the older you get, not fair).

Now, this could be due to not cinching the belt down tight enough (not something everyone is able to do comfortably), an incompatible fashion choice (namely wearing a cut of pants that ride too low for the belt to cinch above the hips), or it could also be due to physical composition, IE no hips to 'hang' the belt on to begin with. Either way, a stiffer belt is probably not going to solve the problem.

Just a thought.

k.rollin

I mentioned balancing the load. When I started carrying, I found that my pants felt like they were being pulled out and down by my weapon. By replacing my belt and learning to balance my load, that feeling disappeared.

onlurker

I think I payed about 8$ for my current belt at Walmart....

How wide of a belt did you get? I have a wally special purchased for about the same price and I don't have the same problems as you do, and I don't just "deal with it" either. I used to have a somewhat thin belt (probably an inch to 1 1/4" in width) that I tried but it acted just as you described until I went with a 1 3/4" wide leather belt. With this belt, I can attach my paddle holster + twin mag carrier of the XD and it remains secured, or I can attach my Galco leather holster + twin mag pouch for my P226 without problems. Sometimes I'll even throw on my little flashlight and knife with no problems as well. One thing I have noticed is if I CC with an IWB holster (I'll switch weapons, either the P239, 709, or the revolver), I have to go one notch looser to maintain comfort but everything still remains secured. It also doubles well to secure my duty belt + serpa duty holster + keepers combination. At one point I did have a Serpa CQC holster for my P226 and it was trouble free in either paddle configuration or "belt" configuration.

At this point, the only drawback I've found is it wears quickly since it's my only belt (It's seen nearly 2 years of daily carry). However, with the price I paid I can double/triple up on them for the cost of a single "good" gun belt. I wouldn't discount the cheap stuff just yet.

Last edited:

FMCDH

Everyone is talking about the belt and (apparently) not addressing the problem mentioned.

While it's true that a good stiff belt will prevent the sidearm from 'tilting' out away from the body (and usually 'flopping' as well), it won't necessarily address the main complaint in the OP, namely the weight of the sidearm dragging down the pants.

Actually, in my opinion, the belt mostly will. I carry a full sized Sig 226 in a pancake holster on my belt and it works just fine for both OOC and CC. Of-course, a lighter and smaller firearm means less adjusting and pull, but I never have an issue of it pulling my pants down.

Could just be my build works well with the equipment I use.