• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Great experience at wal-mart

sigrscu

Much better than my last trip to walmart.
Went to walmart in 1300 s and 300west lastnight.
Started off fine and about 15 minutes into it I noticed a manager was stalking me, here we go again I thought.
But what happened next was unreal. He approached me with a mother and her young daughter. Asked me if I could explain utahs open carry laws for he and the customer. He said he was unsure and before any problems arose, wanted me to clarify. I happily obliged him and the customer. We all spoke for about 10 minutes and discussed the ideals and opinions of open and concealed carry and in the end, a hand shake and a thank you from mother and manager as well as a thank you for being so kind.
Now if only more people could act as professional as the young manager and as accepting as the mother with child.
By the way it was the mother that requested she be present for the interaction, and not the manager.
She was concerned but was seeking clarification instead of eliciting panic.