• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National openc carry dinner proposed

carracer

In the general topics of the forum there is a proposal for a National Open Carry Dinner. I thought it was a great idea and will participate.

ecocks

The Idaho-NRA has an annual dinner in September so we want to watch the timing. They also raffled off a couple of firearms (.357 pistol and .22 rifle I think) which seems like good ideas for fund-raisers. Maybe David can do a holster, RK might toss us a free class, etc., let's get outside the box as we move forward.

The general discussion topic was looking at a May date and they were forming up an organizational structure with regional coordinators and such.

Of course, this is really just a higher profile version of our monthly meetings. You should go back and read the saga of what happened when we approached some mainstream restaurants with this type of proposal AND revisit the discussion of whether it is better to have a single location for monthly meetings or float to different locations.

I am all for the first weekend in May suggestion and can certainly offer a guaranteed place.