Thread: Potbelly's in Lake Geneva. Are they OC friendly?

Potbelly's in Lake Geneva. Are they OC friendly?

We're meeting another couple for dinner their. If they are OC friendly I will carry, other wise I won't to not cause a hassle for the other people.

Have others carried their without issue?

In case their is more then one; this is the Potbelly's on the main street next to Caribou Coffee.

Banned
    Never heard of the place. I believe that is Nik's old stomping grounds maybe he can answer your question on that.

I don't know if it's OC friendly or not, but why would following the law be harrassing people?

Did you carry there? How was it?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

I did not carry there. I will try open carrying their when I'm not meeting people for dinner and discussion in a restaurant they like. I'll test the waters out with old friends that didn't have to drive 2 hours for dinner and conversation

I'll post back if their are any issues.

Last edited by DTD2; 05-10-2011 at 11:12 AM.

I have carried at Potbelly's in Brookfield many times with no problems.

Assume all places are OC friendly unless it's prohibited by law, or a posted SIGN or MANAGER informs you otherwise. If an employee comes up to inform you that you cannot carry, it is reasonable to ask for clarification from a manager as in many cases the rank and file employee doesn't know what they are talking about. Carry whenever you can, whenever you can, when you are in public. And never ask permission from anyone in the place, as it is a better than 50% chance they will tell you "no".

Last edited by DTD2; 05-10-2011 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DTD2 View Post
    One thing to note though. It is on the very edge of a GFSZ.
    Does not matter if you are on private property. It only matters if you are walking on the sidewalk or roadway.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by smithman View Post
    I have carried at Potbelly's in Brookfield many times with no problems.

Assume all places are OC friendly unless it's prohibited by law, or a posted SIGN or MANAGER informs you otherwise. If an employee comes up to inform you that you cannot carry, it is reasonable to ask for clarification from a manager as in many cases the rank and file employee doesn't know what they are talking about. Carry whenever you can, whenever you can, when you are in public. And never ask permission from anyone in the place, as it is a better than 50% chance they will tell you "no".
    That's why I asked here first. It wasn't worth risking ruining the evening. I'll try carrying there another time