• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Potbelly's in Lake Geneva. Are they OC friendly?

Passive101

We're meeting another couple for dinner their. If they are OC friendly I will carry, other wise I won't to not cause a hassle for the other people.

Have others carried their without issue?

In case their is more then one; this is the Potbelly's on the main street next to Caribou Coffee.

TyGuy

I don't know if it's OC friendly or not, but why would following the law be harrassing people?

Passive101

I did not carry there. I will try open carrying their when I'm not meeting people for dinner and discussion in a restaurant they like. I'll test the waters out with old friends that didn't have to drive 2 hours for dinner and conversation :)

I'll post back if their are any issues.

smithman

I have carried at Potbelly's in Brookfield many times with no problems.

Assume all places are OC friendly unless it's prohibited by law, or a posted SIGN or MANAGER informs you otherwise. If an employee comes up to inform you that you cannot carry, it is reasonable to ask for clarification from a manager as in many cases the rank and file employee doesn't know what they are talking about. Carry whenever you can, whenever you can, when you are in public. And never ask permission from anyone in the place, as it is a better than 50% chance they will tell you "no".

Passive101

I have carried at Potbelly's in Brookfield many times with no problems.

Assume all places are OC friendly unless it's prohibited by law, or a posted SIGN or MANAGER informs you otherwise. If an employee comes up to inform you that you cannot carry, it is reasonable to ask for clarification from a manager as in many cases the rank and file employee doesn't know what they are talking about. Carry whenever you can, whenever you can, when you are in public. And never ask permission from anyone in the place, as it is a better than 50% chance they will tell you "no".

That's why I asked here first. It wasn't worth risking ruining the evening. I'll try carrying there another time :)