Thread: KC cops shoot up a van that backfired.

KC cops shoot up a van that backfired.

Is this a good example of officer safety or poor identification of the threat?

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/11/12...iring-van.html
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Sounds like the work of this guy.

The panic/flight response must have kicked in. The shot out the squad car windows. It's a wonder they didn't shoot each other.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

kittyhawk63
    The driver of the white van must be living a charmed life.

I bet these two cops are getting it with both barrels by their fellow officers.

When I first hear of this I thought WTF then I read that they had been dispatched because of gunfire coming from the van. Still a situation than could have had, and luckily did not have, a terrible outcome. Sounds like some trigger happy LEO's. A little more understandable now and not quite as wild but shooting out the windows of the squad car! Were they still inside when they started shooting? I'll bet their ears are still ringing from the noise much less the comments from their fellow LEO and the public.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
    Is this a good example of officer safety or poor identification of the threat?
    It is needs to built more model 'A' in U.S. will helping to calm down the law enforcement officers.

kittyhawk63
    Quote Originally Posted by Wc View Post
    It is needs to built more model 'A' in U.S. will helping to calm down the law enforcement officers.
    What? Could you rephrase this?
    Last edited by kittyhawk63; 11-15-2010 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kittyhawk63 View Post
    Don't try to make sense of it, you'll just end up like this poor little smiley...
    Last edited by mjones; 11-15-2010 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mjones View Post
    Don't try to make sense of it, you'll just end up like this poor little smiley...
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=model+a
    "They don't give a damn about any trumpet playing band
    It ain't what they call rock and roll
    And the Sultans...
    Yeah the Sultans, they play Creole"

OCDO Member
    NCGO Member

Wink Rephrase

O.K.

It is needs to built more model 'T' in U.S. will helping to calm down the law enforcement officers.

That's better?
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________________
    One score and ten years ago, the kids know-how to resetting the VCR's clock that we do.
    Am I getting too old to using the search engines today?
    Last edited by Wc; 11-16-2010 at 08:13 AM.

O.K.

It is needs to built more model 'T' in U.S. will helping to calm down the law enforcement officers.

That's better?
    What?
    Proud GeorgiaCarry.org Member
    The only government control I need, is a good set of grips on my 1911.

Cool Not another one again

Quote Originally Posted by COMMANDER1911 View Post
    What?
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=model+t

It is needs the grammar no is understood rightly. I are the fluency making of knowing good. It is be possibility of I translate to unwashed masses of the meaning.

O.K. everyone, since I am familiar with Gibberish language and culture, I have kindly offered to translate: By the above quoted statement, he is proposing that the United States should build more Ford Model A roadsters in an attempt to familiarize the jumpy law enforcement officers with backfires.

Evidently, Model A's are still in production on the assembly lines of Gibber.

BTW: I have met several Gibberish police officers, and they are indeed, very calm.

kittyhawk63
    You are amazing Superlite27.

Wc, you are so right.

bttI
    Last edited by kittyhawk63; 11-16-2010 at 11:10 AM.

During my senior year in high school, I owned a 1929 Model A Ford. Due to their primitive distributor, they tended to fire the spark plugs at the wrong time. To deal with this, there was a spark advance/retard lever on the steering column. If you retarded the spark while coasting, the engine would backfire.
    It also had a throttle lever on the steering column. This was used when starting it with a hand crank. Retard the spark, set the throttle at 1/4 and crank away. Retarding the spark kept the engine from fireing before top dead center and having the crank break your arm when the engine tried to run backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlite27 View Post
    It is needs the grammar no is understood rightly. I are the fluency making of knowing good. It is be possibility of I translate to unwashed masses of the meaning.
    You sir are amazing!!!! I know this guy has good things to say, but unfortunately extremely hard to understand most of the time. Super, please frequent the CA forum and translate on a regular basis!

Wc, I agree completely!