• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

KC cops shoot up a van that backfired.

Mike Hawk

55.jpg
Sounds like the work of this guy.

Gundude

The panic/flight response must have kicked in. The shot out the squad car windows. It's a wonder they didn't shoot each other.

K

kittyhawk63

The driver of the white van must be living a charmed life.

I bet these two cops are getting it with both barrels by their fellow officers.

PT111

When I first hear of this I thought WTF then I read that they had been dispatched because of gunfire coming from the van. Still a situation than could have had, and luckily did not have, a terrible outcome. Sounds like some trigger happy LEO's. A little more understandable now and not quite as wild but shooting out the windows of the squad car! Were they still inside when they started shooting? I'll bet their ears are still ringing from the noise much less the comments from their fellow LEO and the public.

Ca Patriot

I have a story and I swear its true.

One time when I was 18 I was really into hot rods. I had a mustang with a brand new supercharger on it installed that day. Unfortunately the person who installed it didnt know alot about fuel management and tuning and it would back fire if you got on it hard and then let off the gas.

Well that night me and 2 friends took it for a test drive around my neighboorhood. Shortly after leaving the car started to idle rough so I reved it up. There were 2 gang members on the side of t he street and they thought we were disrespecting them by reving the motor. They jumped in the car and chased after us.

They pulled alongside and the driver pointed a gun at us and I floored it and took off. All of a sudden my car slowed and started to die. They two gangmembers caught up with us. I made a quick U turn and when I floored it again my car back fired twice. They bangers chasing us dropped back and left.

As it turns out the gang members were two guys that I knew when I was younger. The next day there were rumors going around that me and my friends shot back at them. Luckily one of the guys got arrested about 3 weeks later for drugs and robbery and the other split town.

True story.

Wc

Is this a good example of officer safety or poor identification of the threat?

It is needs to built more model 'A' in U.S. will helping to calm down the law enforcement officers.

K

kittyhawk63

It is needs to built more model 'A' in U.S. will helping to calm down the law enforcement officers.

What? Could you rephrase this?

Last edited:

Wc

Rephrase

What? Could you rephrase this?

O.K.

It is needs to built more model 'T' in U.S. will helping to calm down the law enforcement officers.

That's better?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
One score and ten years ago, the kids know-how to resetting the VCR's clock that we do.
Am I getting too old to using the search engines today?

Last edited:

Superlite27

It is needs the grammar no is understood rightly. I are the fluency making of knowing good. It is be possibility of I translate to unwashed masses of the meaning.

O.K. everyone, since I am familiar with Gibberish language and culture, I have kindly offered to translate: By the above quoted statement, he is proposing that the United States should build more Ford Model A roadsters in an attempt to familiarize the jumpy law enforcement officers with backfires.

Evidently, Model A's are still in production on the assembly lines of Gibber.

BTW: I have met several Gibberish police officers, and they are indeed, very calm.

K

kittyhawk63

You are amazing Superlite27.

Wc, you are so right.

bttI

Last edited:

Gundude

During my senior year in high school, I owned a 1929 Model A Ford. Due to their primitive distributor, they tended to fire the spark plugs at the wrong time. To deal with this, there was a spark advance/retard lever on the steering column. If you retarded the spark while coasting, the engine would backfire.
It also had a throttle lever on the steering column. This was used when starting it with a hand crank. Retard the spark, set the throttle at 1/4 and crank away. Retarding the spark kept the engine from fireing before top dead center and having the crank break your arm when the engine tried to run backwards.

mjones

It is needs the grammar no is understood rightly. I are the fluency making of knowing good. It is be possibility of I translate to unwashed masses of the meaning.

You sir are amazing!!!! I know this guy has good things to say, but unfortunately extremely hard to understand most of the time. Super, please frequent the CA forum and translate on a regular basis!

Wc, I agree completely!