• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WCI Announcement: Constitutional Carry picks up steam in Wisconsin

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I'm pleased to announce that Wisconsin Carry Inc. will be partnering with the United States Conceal Carry Association to bring Constitutional Carry to Wisconsin.

I was pleased to be contacted by the president of the USCCA today who inquired as to whether Wisconsin Carry would be willing to work with them to bring constitutional carry to Wisconsin. I politely responded HELL YES.

Here is a link to the USCCA and also a specific link to their Constitution Carry for Wisconsin website:

http://www.usconcealedcarry.com

http://www.wisconsinccw.org/

He believes the time is right. The USCCA is putting their FULL support behind TRUE constitution carry in Wisconsin. The USCCA has a huge in-state and national footprint and their support will have a HUGE impact on this effort.

I believe the odds of non permit right to conceal in Wisconsin this next legislative session just got A LOT better.

This will still not be easy. Sr. Staffers of the "old blood" in the Wisconsin legislature have expressed to me that they DO support non-permit right to carry "in principle" but they are convinced that it is impractical to go from no right to CC to constitution carry in Wisconsin. Until I speak with the legislators officially, I will give them an opportunity to reconsider their position before we initiate pressure on them and name names.

I can also confirm that a segment of the firearm instructor lobby in Wisconsin and MN IS already actively lobbying legislators in Madison for "mandatory training"

I am waiting for an "official" response from a few other notable groups in Wisconsin. Not that their support is essential, but it would be nice to have a unanimous front.

I will say if anyone here is a member of the WCCA, or would just like to help, please contact Bill Schmitz and ask him and WCCA to support constitution carry in Wisconsin. I know Bill and he is a good guy, and he has been very supportive of Wisconsin Carry from the beginning. He is going to confer with the WCCA board over the next few weeks and see what their official position is. Obviously, a year ago, no one had any idea Wisconsin would have a republican governor, senate, and assembly, so they are re-evaluating their game plan.

I do think it would be very helpful to have their support. Bill is a good guy, here is the contact information for the WCCA from their website:

http://www.wisconsinconcealedcarry.com

WCCA
N3292 County Rd E
REDGRANITE, WI 54970

BY PHONE: 920.295.9435

BY EMAIL: info @ wisconsinconcealedcarry.com

BOARD MEMBERS:

Bill Schmitz, Chairman
bill.schmitz @ wisconsinconcealedcarry.com

Drop bill a quick note and thank him for his support of gun rights in Wisconsin in the past and ask that he lobby the WCCA board to support constitution carry in Wisconsin.

Carry On!

Spartacus

Banned
Good news Nik.

WCCA has a bunch of top notch shooters and hopefully we can all work well together to make this happen. Its all happened so quickly, as we've said before I wish we could have had more time to expand the membership base and grow a true grass-roots movement.

johnny amish

Are we sure Bill Schmitz is a good person to contact? I had a good conversation with him at the gun show in Onalaska and he made it clear that he fully supports manditory permitting and thinks it's necessary. I don't dissagree that he is a good guy and doing great things for carry in Wisconsin. I took his ccw class a few years ago and find him and Deb to be top notch. His desire for manditory training almost seems like a conflict of interest.

Beretta-m9

Are we sure Bill Schmitz is a good person to contact? I had a good conversation with him at the gun show in Onalaska and he made it clear that he fully supports manditory permitting and thinks it's necessary. I don't dissagree that he is a good guy and doing great things for carry in Wisconsin. I took his ccw class a few years ago and find him and Deb to be top notch. His desire for manditory training almost seems like a conflict of interest.

gee I wonder why he thinks manditory permitting is necessary.

LOERetired

It's the time for all to write their representitives NOW I don't know how many members WCI has but when I see 800+ views on a post I know it's a lot if every member wrote we would be a voice that they can't ignore

carry on

Don

Beretta-m9

http://www.usconcealedcarry.com

you can't even read a full article without giving them $100.00 ?
not everyone can afford that much in this economy. Am I missing something or am I correct you have to be a member to use thier site ?
ok found you can join for 37.00, still need to give them 40 bucks just to use thier forum, yes i understand you get more then that but im just sayin cant take any part of that site without paying something.

Last edited:

J.Gleason

Banned
Careful posting the contact info in the forum. I was just called every dirty name is the book by the NRA liaison and he gave me permission. Although I guess he has changed his mind and does not want anyone contacting him. Just sayin.

Spartacus

Banned
Do you guys even really read these posts? lol

He is going to confer with the WCCA board over the next few weeks and see what their official position is. Obviously, a year ago, no one had any idea Wisconsin would have a republican governor, senate, and assembly, so they are re-evaluating their game plan.

I do think it would be very helpful to have their support. Bill is a good guy, here is the contact information for the WCCA from their website:

JerryD

this is from the same guy who uses the old WCCA mailing lists to pimp his training classes. Somehow the ole old saying about be wary of those bearing gifts comes to mind.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Work with me fella's.

Bill is a great guy. WCCA does not have an official position on constitutional carry. We don't NEED their support to make this happen, but it would sure help.

I don't pee in the wind, if I suggest something, its not because I had a random brain fart, and I don't ask for things I don't think are worth our time and that would benefit the cause.

CONTACT BILL. Have a genuine POLITE conversation/email/letter about your principled belief that constitution carry is what is right for Wisconsin...

If it wasn't worth our time I wouldn't ask.

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator

You asked him this...when?

LR Yote 312

Correct me if I am wrong but isnt this the group that Dick Baker (at least I think that was his name) was with?

IIRC, Baker started a group then a few years later it shifted/reformed into this group.

I used to see a coffee can or a collection can from them on the counter of some of the gunshops years ago from time to time,if I had a couple extra bucks on me I would drop it in when I could afford it but I hadnt seen any and hadnt gotten any e mail updates from them in quite awhile figured they just kinda dried up.

I understand the tactic and logic of the unified front concept and think its great as long as the endgame is and remains Constitutional Carry.

LR Yote 312

johnny amish

Work with me fella's.

Bill is a great guy. WCCA does not have an official position on constitutional carry.
CONTACT BILL. Have a genuine POLITE conversation/email/letter about your principled belief that constitution carry is what is right for Wisconsin...

If it wasn't worth our time I wouldn't ask.

Bill and Deb are both great people and I will not hessitate to contact them, I was surprized to hear Bill was the man to contact given his desire to have manditory training. There is no denying that gun right are better off because of their efforts.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,

Correct me if I am wrong but isnt this the group that Dick Baker (at least I think that was his name) was with?

IIRC, Baker started a group then a few years later it shifted/reformed into this group.

[ ... ]
I believe that two different gun control organizations are being conflated/confused. The original press release was from USA Concealed Carry, while Monkeyleg's place, largely defunct (webpage last maintained in 2008) is Wisconsin Concealed Carry Association that was folded into some long name involving personal protection and safety - as the 'thing' is thought to be related to the epithet.

It is interesting to note the two old failed names reappearing coincidentally, Baker and Fendry, here within the week. When Corey Graf gets mentioned then, Hail, the gangs all here.

Last edited:

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Or better yet, why they would partner with us, if we are clear about our agenda?[DH emphasis]
Who's "we", that are clear about an agenda?

Remember OCDO Rule (12), saying in relevant part, "... this is not the place to air those concerns unless they are specifically related to an anti-open carry position taken by that organization."

Last edited:

skorittnig

Who's "we", that are clear about an agenda?

Remember OCDO Rule (12), saying in relevant part, "... this is not the place to air those concerns unless they are specifically related to an anti-open carry position taken by that organization."

You are correct Doug- I have deleted my post, as I (personally) had no information to base it upon, other than speculation.