Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hampton Roads OC DINNER NOV 22 Carabas 7PM VOLVO PARKWAY

Thumbs up Hampton Roads OC DINNER NOV 22 Carabas 7PM VOLVO PARKWAY

Hi guys, its time for another dinner! I hope Carabas is ok. The location is by volvo parkway, right behind the Golden Corral we have eaten at before. 10 Day notice The time is set at 7pm, I will be there 6:45ish to get set up. I hope its not a bad time, its the week of Thanksgiving...
    Last edited by ocholsteroc; 11-13-2010 at 02:52 PM.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

I'll try to make it. I've been itching for another OC dinner. :-)

I been itchy for one too I havn't been to one in two months
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?

Count me in!

Hi guys!

Put me and my wife down to attend. BTW I have never eaten there...what type of food do they serve?

Quote Originally Posted by Mechman View Post
    Hi guys!

Put me and my wife down to attend. BTW I have never eaten there...what type of food do they serve?
    Never been??? its great, its Italian food, little pricey $10-$20 plates, They have great dishes and free bread with olive oil.
    Do you need directions? Do you know the area?
    Last edited by ocholsteroc; 11-13-2010 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechman View Post
    Hi guys!

I compare it to the Olive Garden. Decent italian food.

I'll plan to be there. Traffic may cause some problems. 45acpforme will have a fun ride
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Quote Originally Posted by t33j View Post
    I'll plan to be there. Traffic may cause some problems. 45acpforme will have a fun ride
    If the cars in the tunnel won't get out of my way I was planning on trying out my new SUV. http://splodetv.com/suv-minigun-surprise

Either that or bring one of these. http://splodetv.com/video/javelin-test-fire
    Last edited by 45acpForMe; 11-14-2010 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 45acpForMe View Post
    If the cars in the tunnel won't get out of my way I was planning on trying out my new SUV. http://splodetv.com/suv-minigun-surprise

Either that or bring one of these. http://splodetv.com/video/javelin-test-fire
    Now now 45acp, you and the rest of us know that firing a missle in the tunnel would cause more harm than good. Same goes for the mini gun, you would just cause traffic.

I have seen that on History channel, its pretty neat. I have seen the armor cars also.
    Last edited by ocholsteroc; 11-14-2010 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ocholsteroc View Post
    Hi guys, its time for another dinner! I hope Carabas is ok. The location is by volvo parkway, right behind the Golden Corral we have eaten at before. 10 Day notice The time is set at 7pm, I will be there 6:45ish to get set up. I hope its not a bad time, its the week of Thanksgiving...
    Can you provide a map?
    Last edited by 2a4all; 11-14-2010 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2a4all View Post
    Can you provide a map?
    Sure, I will post it later tonight. I am working on some stuff right now for work.
    Last edited by ocholsteroc; 11-14-2010 at 04:25 PM.

Its exit 290b south Battlefield BLVD and Great Bridge(sign). Its at the intersection by the Battlefield BLVD North, and Volvo Parkway, easy way to remember it is, Once you get off the exit you need over a few lanes to the left, you will see a walmart pass that. You will see a waffle house on the right, and you will be coming up on a light, TURN LEFT(AT LIGHT) WHEN YOU see a Golden Corral, turn in that lot(ON THE RIGHT AFTER YOUR LEFT TURN) there and go behind that lot and theres a Five Guys also. If you need more help let me know, or use google earth and use the screenshot zoom in's.
    Last edited by ocholsteroc; 11-14-2010 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2a4all View Post
    Can you provide a map?
    http://www.carrabbas.com/restaurant/...ke/Chesapeake/

Carrabba's in Chesapeake
    (757) 382-0337
    1217 North Battlefield Blvd
    Chesapeake, VA 23320
    Last edited by 45acpForMe; 11-14-2010 at 09:42 PM.

Alas, I cannot make it. I have to take my kids to girl scouts on mondays now that my wife is in school in the evenings.

Have fun all.

So far, I got 4 comming and 2 maybes.

I'd like to go. Been on the sidelines given work and midterms. Might be able to bring a couple of others who are interested in this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by TxSwampRat View Post
    I'd like to go. Been on the sidelines given work and midterms. Might be able to bring a couple of others who are interested in this issue.
    Please do!!! welcome to all others interseted in guns I will bring some of my oc cards.
    Last edited by ocholsteroc; 11-16-2010 at 08:19 PM.

Not sure if we'll make it. We came back from Pittsburgh Monday evening and now my wife is sick...if she's feeling better, we'll be there...if not, I may try to come myself; but, may need to stay home to take care of her...

45acpForMe....you compare it to Olive Garden? Really? I think it's much better than that...it may not be as good as a "real" Italian restaurant (I grew up in Chicago, you know what I'm talking about!); but, to me comparing Olive Garden to Carrabba's is like comparing Denny's to a 5 star restaurant...LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fully_armed_biker View Post
    Not sure if we'll make it. We came back from Pittsburgh Monday evening and now my wife is sick...if she's feeling better, we'll be there...if not, I may try to come myself; but, may need to stay home to take care of her...
    Sorry to hear she got sick. I wish her a quick recovery. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by fully_armed_biker View Post
    45acpForMe....you compare it to Olive Garden? Really? I think it's much better than that...it may not be as good as a "real" Italian restaurant (I grew up in Chicago, you know what I'm talking about!); but, to me comparing Olive Garden to Carrabba's is like comparing Denny's to a 5 star restaurant...LOL!!!
    Noodles is Noodles! I guess it depends what you order. From what I had it tasted the same but was just more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by 45acpForMe View Post
    Sorry to hear she got sick. I wish her a quick recovery. :-)

Noodles is Noodles! I guess it depends what you order. From what I had it tasted the same but was just more expensive.
    Well, I guess if you just get spaghetti, maybe...but, their chicken marsala with garlic mashed potatoes and veggies...!!!

Cool

I should be there.

So far, 5 coming and 4 maybes. Total 9 if they all come. Plus more if you bring your friends.

I will be there if it is still on.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf-father View Post
    I will be there if it is still on.
    Yes it is,

now total 6 coming 4 maybes.

Hope to see you all 'maybes' show up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast