• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hampton Roads OC DINNER NOV 22 Carabas 7PM VOLVO PARKWAY

ocholsteroc

Hi guys, its time for another dinner! I hope Carabas is ok. The location is by volvo parkway, right behind the Golden Corral we have eaten at before. 10 Day notice :) The time is set at 7pm, I will be there 6:45ish to get set up. I hope its not a bad time, its the week of Thanksgiving...

Last edited:

Mechman

Count me in!

Hi guys!

Put me and my wife down to attend. BTW I have never eaten there...what type of food do they serve?

t33j

I'll plan to be there. Traffic may cause some problems. 45acpforme will have a fun ride
smiley-rolleyes007.gif

ocholsteroc

If the cars in the tunnel won't get out of my way I was planning on trying out my new SUV. http://splodetv.com/suv-minigun-surprise

Either that or bring one of these. http://splodetv.com/video/javelin-test-fire

Now now 45acp, you and the rest of us know that firing a missle in the tunnel would cause more harm than good. :rolleyes: Same goes for the mini gun, you would just cause traffic. :p

I have seen that on History channel, its pretty neat. I have seen the armor cars also.

Last edited:

2a4all

Hi guys, its time for another dinner! I hope Carabas is ok. The location is by volvo parkway, right behind the Golden Corral we have eaten at before. 10 Day notice :) The time is set at 7pm, I will be there 6:45ish to get set up. I hope its not a bad time, its the week of Thanksgiving...
Can you provide a map?

Last edited:

ocholsteroc

Its exit 290b south Battlefield BLVD and Great Bridge(sign). Its at the intersection by the Battlefield BLVD North, and Volvo Parkway, easy way to remember it is, Once you get off the exit you need over a few lanes to the left, you will see a walmart pass that. You will see a waffle house on the right, and you will be coming up on a light, TURN LEFT(AT LIGHT) WHEN YOU see a Golden Corral, turn in that lot(ON THE RIGHT AFTER YOUR LEFT TURN) there and go behind that lot and theres a Five Guys also. If you need more help let me know, or use google earth and use the screenshot zoom in's.

Last edited:

fully_armed_biker

Not sure if we'll make it. We came back from Pittsburgh Monday evening and now my wife is sick...if she's feeling better, we'll be there...if not, I may try to come myself; but, may need to stay home to take care of her...

45acpForMe....you compare it to Olive Garden? Really? I think it's much better than that...it may not be as good as a "real" Italian restaurant (I grew up in Chicago, you know what I'm talking about!); but, to me comparing Olive Garden to Carrabba's is like comparing Denny's to a 5 star restaurant...LOL!!!

45acpForMe

Not sure if we'll make it. We came back from Pittsburgh Monday evening and now my wife is sick...if she's feeling better, we'll be there...if not, I may try to come myself; but, may need to stay home to take care of her...

Sorry to hear she got sick. I wish her a quick recovery. :)

45acpForMe....you compare it to Olive Garden? Really? I think it's much better than that...it may not be as good as a "real" Italian restaurant (I grew up in Chicago, you know what I'm talking about!); but, to me comparing Olive Garden to Carrabba's is like comparing Denny's to a 5 star restaurant...LOL!!!

Noodles is Noodles! I guess it depends what you order. From what I had it tasted the same but was just more expensive. :(