• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hampton Roads OC DINNER NOV 22 Carabas 7PM VOLVO PARKWAY

ocholsteroc

I will keep photos online for 48 hours, then I will delete off here, and if you need again just PM, I understand some people do not like photos on web, nor do I. If they are to small let me know I can put it in a link for DL.

Great dinner glad everyone could make it!

Last edited:

45acpForMe

Nice dinner. I ate too much and still have lunch covered tomorrow with leftovers. :)

Sorry fully_armed_biker and crew couldn't join us but yes noodles is noodles and I still prefer the Olive Garden. :) The staff was friendly and food was good.

Nice to see everyone. I really don't usually talk that much and am hoarse. There might be a pepcid complete in my near future....:D

Thanks ocholsteroc for setting this one up!

ocholsteroc

Nice dinner. I ate too much and still have lunch covered tomorrow with leftovers. :)

Sorry fully_armed_biker and crew couldn't join us but yes noodles is noodles and I still prefer the Olive Garden. :) The staff was friendly and food was good.

Nice to see everyone. I really don't usually talk that much and am hoarse. There might be a pepcid complete in my near future....:D

Thanks ocholsteroc for setting this one up!

NP, make sure you get the two other photos I just uploaded, as I will take them down within 48 hours. Thanks again everyone coming out for a great dinner :)

Last edited:

45acpForMe

WOW! The only person I know from the pics is .45ACP4ME! I think I best start attending more dinners!

By all means do. I think you probably have met wolf_father and kimbercarrier before. :)

Bubba Ron and Jean, fully_armed_biker were planning on coming too but must have had something come up.

It is always nice to meet at least one new person at each dinner. And for people considering coming that haven't been to a dinner before, it always is a mix of different people and personalities but usually a wealth of information. The easiest place to get answers to lots of questions is at a dinner.

ETA: Mechman here is the shotgun I have and recommend. Remmington 870 tactical 6+1 3" with a 18" barrel. Mossberg's 590a1 is a good choice too.

Remmington: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=202129692

Mossberg: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=202330056

Nuntfancy's review: http://www.youtube.com/user/nutnfancy#p/search/3/HqkeKwRmWFY

Edited to also add: http://www.hischannel.com/vodtv.php a good online resource for video based on our conversation last night.

Last edited:

TxSwampRat

Great dinner

First dinner I've been to since July. Great to meet everybody and all were wonderful people. Anytime another dinner is planned, I'm going! This Carrabba's had excellent service and the food was very good. I forgot my "doggie bag" whilst talking to everybody outside after dinner and by the time I realized it, the box had been cleared from the table. In passing one of the managers came by and I related what had happened and after a chat he went to see if the box might be in back. After 10 or so minutes, he returned with a fresh full serving of what I had ordered with his compliments since my leftovers had been disposed of. That is customer relations that will have me coming to this store from this point forward. :lol: