• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lynchburg OC Dinner - TUES Nov. 30, 2010 7PM @ Vinny's

kb4cvn

Is anyone in the Lynchburg area interested in having an OC Lunch or Dinner sometime between now and Christmas?

A lot of employers have shut-downs during these two holiday periods and I thought it might be a good time for a OC get together.

Suggestions for:
• Date
• Time (lunch or dinner)

Mark (Amherst County)

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Consider me interested any night after 6 or 7. I've been meaning to set one of these up but no one has provided me with a round tuit. :) There are only a few places I know to avoid but we've had a bunch of us out OCing at Neighbors Place, O'Charley's, Ledo's Pizza, Texas Roadhouse and Logan's Roadhouse and The Depot Grill.

The new Vinny's on Ward's Rd has a nice big room and has had no issues with our OC either. :)

ElTeeRanDee

If I could find an excuse to get down there, I'd be all for it - I'm sure I could talk my other half into coming down there if I called it a 'weekend retreat' - is there anything particularly fun and/or romantic to do in the area?- As a note, She works in NOVA, and they let her carry all the live long day

-Randy

kenny

If I could find an excuse to get down there, I'd be all for it - I'm sure I could talk my other half into coming down there if I called it a 'weekend retreat' - is there anything particularly fun and/or romantic to do in the area?- As a note, She works in NOVA, and they let her carry all the live long day

-Randy

There is a year round ski slope located at Liberty University, if you are so inclined. It is supposed to be some of the best artificial "turf type" snow there is. I do recommend long sleeves and long pants even in the nicest weather. If you take a spill you may find that artificial snow has about the same reaction as asphalt has on the skin. A side trip to the Peaks of Otter along the Blue Ridge Parkway should also be on your to do list.

nuc65

Activist Member
From dinner to a shotgun wedding... ?!? I'm up for dinner but will pass on being the guest of honor at a shotgun wedding.. although wouldn't mind watchin' the proceedings from a safe distance from the preacher man

ElTeeRanDee

From dinner to a shotgun wedding... ?!? I'm up for dinner but will pass on being the guest of honor at a shotgun wedding.. although wouldn't mind watchin' the proceedings from a safe distance from the preacher man

Fortunately, it's not a shotgun wedding (at least not to MY knowledge) - though, I'm all for dinner, I'd suggest prior to the second week in December, if only because people tend to begin escaping to warm destinations and enjoying boat drinks after that date (I know I'll be back in Florida, CC, but Carrying nonetheless)

Cheers,

Randy

mrs.jmelvin

How about an OC dinner on Tuesday, November 30 around 7:00 in the evening at the new Vinnys restaurant on Wards Rd.?

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Sounds good to me! How about you others out there?

nuc65 you already told me that would work for you, how about putting that up here. Jero and Mrs.Jero are you in? How about you William? Any others?

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
I'll look forward to seeing y'all tonight!

Remember the address is: 4018 Wards Road, Lynchburg, Virginia 24502

BTW is there anyone else here that's coming that hasn't responded? Jero and Mrs.Jero? Nuc65 how many are you bringing?

The wife and I will be there and I think I've talked a friend who's a new handgun owner into coming along as well.

I'll plan to ask for a table for 10 and if we need more we can add. :)