Thread: Bowling while OCing?

Bowling while OCing?

I was wondering if many people have bowled while OC-ing.

I have CC-ed but would consider OC-ing a cross draw. The reason I didn't OC was I didn't want my arm to hit my holster while throwing the ball.

Also has anyone run into Pro or Anti alleys?

Quote Originally Posted by 45acpForMe View Post
    I was wondering if many people have bowled while OC-ing.

I have CC-ed but would consider OC-ing a cross draw. The reason I didn't OC was I didn't want my arm to hit my holster while throwing the ball.

Also has anyone run into Pro or Anti alleys?
    I would put the holster on your left side. So you do not hit it, kinda like a cross draw.
    It would be nice to go bowling as a group

Now I have OC twice to the bowling ally to get some info, never had a problem. There is a bowling ally a few miles down from Volvo parkway, down past Golden Corral and Carabas.

When I saw this post I thought it was a invite.

You could also use a shoulder holster
    Last edited by ocholsteroc; 11-13-2010 at 06:11 PM.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

I've also bowled while CC, but not OC. Cross draw or SOB would work, I would think. Only been to one alley, saw no signs. Bowl America, Manassas.
    Last edited by PaulX608; 11-13-2010 at 09:45 PM.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    I've bowled while OC'ing but I wore a belt slide holster and slid it to the rear.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Quote Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
    I've bowled while OC'ing but I wore a belt slide holster and slid it to the rear.
    That may work better because bending might cause the cross-draw to interfere with my thigh/leg.

Or a shoulder holster. Just make sure you've got some kind of retention mechanism, even if it's only a snap-flap. Wouldn't want a gun flopping out onto the alley.

Blackhawk holster. I might buy one, I have a off the wall brand that I do not trust for my gun, it seams like it would break. It's ok for a pellet gun.

Though I do not know how people will respond to a shoulder holster pointed at them when they walk behind you.
    Last edited by ocholsteroc; 01-12-2011 at 09:45 PM.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

The last time I bowled and OC'd I wore a Kahr PM40 in an Uncle Mike's to my 5'o'clock so I didn't have too much issue (particularly since the holster almost weighs as much as the pistol)

Though, I would have to agree - Cross draw or shoulder holster with retention would be my choice for a heavier piece. Lately, I've been carrying my Father's 1960s era S&W M&P, it's in beautiful condition and there's just something about wheelguns that I've always loved.

I think if I were to bowl, I'd have it in cross-draw (or I'd carry something a little more modern-esque)

Founder's Club Member
    The wife and I ran into our first issue carrying while bowling this afternoon. We don't bowl often, but this was a rare event. The place we had an issue was AMF Lanes here in Lynchburg. Look for an individual thread about it tonight or tomorrow.

I CC-ed a week or so ago with my daughters to an AMF and looked for signs. I didn't see any but talking to a fellow OC-er I found out the one we went to had a sign posted at a different entrance. There had been a shooting at that AMF and the management didn't think people needed to carry!

I will check out some other bowling alleys in the future.