• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bowling while OCing?

45acpForMe

I was wondering if many people have bowled while OC-ing.

I have CC-ed but would consider OC-ing a cross draw. The reason I didn't OC was I didn't want my arm to hit my holster while throwing the ball.

Also has anyone run into Pro or Anti alleys?

ocholsteroc

I was wondering if many people have bowled while OC-ing.

I have CC-ed but would consider OC-ing a cross draw. The reason I didn't OC was I didn't want my arm to hit my holster while throwing the ball.

Also has anyone run into Pro or Anti alleys?

I would put the holster on your left side. So you do not hit it, kinda like a cross draw.
It would be nice to go bowling as a group :)

Now I have OC twice to the bowling ally to get some info, never had a problem. There is a bowling ally a few miles down from Volvo parkway, down past Golden Corral and Carabas.

When I saw this post I thought it was a invite.

You could also use a shoulder holster

Last edited:

user

Accomplished Advocate
Or a shoulder holster. Just make sure you've got some kind of retention mechanism, even if it's only a snap-flap. Wouldn't want a gun flopping out onto the alley.

ocholsteroc

Blackhawk holster. I might buy one, I have a off the wall brand that I do not trust for my gun, it seams like it would break. It's ok for a pellet gun.

Though I do not know how people will respond to a shoulder holster pointed at them when they walk behind you.

Last edited:

ElTeeRanDee

The last time I bowled and OC'd I wore a Kahr PM40 in an Uncle Mike's to my 5'o'clock so I didn't have too much issue (particularly since the holster almost weighs as much as the pistol)

Though, I would have to agree - Cross draw or shoulder holster with retention would be my choice for a heavier piece. Lately, I've been carrying my Father's 1960s era S&W M&P, it's in beautiful condition and there's just something about wheelguns that I've always loved.

I think if I were to bowl, I'd have it in cross-draw (or I'd carry something a little more modern-esque)

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
The wife and I ran into our first issue carrying while bowling this afternoon. We don't bowl often, but this was a rare event. The place we had an issue was AMF Lanes here in Lynchburg. Look for an individual thread about it tonight or tomorrow.

45acpForMe

I CC-ed a week or so ago with my daughters to an AMF and looked for signs. I didn't see any but talking to a fellow OC-er I found out the one we went to had a sign posted at a different entrance. There had been a shooting at that AMF and the management didn't think people needed to carry! :banghead:

I will check out some other bowling alleys in the future.