• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fatal Rollover accident results in stand off with police

protias

Officer shot near 2575 N Mayfair Rd

Listening to the scanner, an officer was shot ~14:40 today near 2575 N Mayfair. Unknown injuries. I am not sure if this was related to an accident a few minutes early or not. Male, black, with a red shirt fled the scene. I think it is related since the suspect asked how his son was doing at 15:39. Scanner says Waukesha Combined, so I believe Waukesha County and Brookfield are involved. Tosa was named exclusively

Suspect is hiding in a residence and ready to surrender at under arrest at 14:47.

Suspect said is worried he will be shot (14:52).
Command said he will not be harmed as long as he comes out of the residence with his hands up. Suspect is wants to pray before coming out of the residence (14:53).
Command said for units to take good cover because suspect is making peace with his maker (14:53).
Suspect is taking a drink of water before coming out (14:55).
Command thinks suspect is not going to come out (14:55).
Suspect has not returned to the phone. 911 operator can hear him talking to himself. Suspect is now leaving the residence (14:56).
Suspect is back on the phone (14:58).
Suspect left the phone again (14:59).
Suspect is back on the phone 14:59).
Suspect says he believes he is almost dead. He says he is on the floor near the front door (15:00).
Suspect says he has cut his wrists in the house (15:01).
Suspect says he cannot twist the door knob. Command says suspect should kick the door open (15:02).
Suspect says he is going to try to open the door (15:03).
Suspect is not talking with the operator (15:04).
Suspect is not wanting to exit the residence because he is scared of the officers. Command said the firearms are for the officers protect and that they are just as scared of him (15:05).
Line still open, cannot hear suspect (15:07).
Can hear suspect sighing in the background (15:09).
Cannot hear anything from the suspect (15:10).
Command want to do a reverse 911 to all the residence so they get in their basements. Operator can hear noises from the suspect, but he's not by the phone. Suspect just got back on the phone (15:14).
Command just told the operator to have the suspect to come out (15:15).
Suspect is praying again (15:16).
Suspect says he will exit the residence (15:17).
Operator says she is telling suspect to exit out the front of the residence and how to come out (15:18).
Command wants to know if there are enough officers to lock down the residence of if more units are needed (15:21).
Suspect said is going to turn himself in, was concerned that the officers had the weapons drawn, operator said it was for the officers protection, suspect walked away (15:24).
Command wants a full description of the residence (15:25).
Total of 13 officers involved, tactical is on the way (15:37).
Suspect wants to know about his family and his 8 year old son who had a head injury (15:39).
Suspect said he saw his son with a traumatic head injury. Suspect is afraid he is going to be shot because of what he’s seen in the movies (15:40).
Officer said there were media is getting into the “hot zone.” Command said to the officer that if they do not leave, they will be arrested (15:57).
Suspect seen moving around the residence. Tactical has been informed (15:59).
Tear gas will be deployed soon (18:02).

As of 6PM, I'm still listening to the scanner to see what is going on. It has been fairly quiet since 4PM. Police have a perimeter to block everything off, but nothing else has really happened.

protias

Mother called the police to see if there was anything she could do to help (18:04).

protias

Last edited:

Beretta-m9

6 hours stand off after fatal car accident, wiating for blood alcohol content to go down ?

MKEgal

The news reports I've seen said he broke into a house in Brookfield ([snark] now's when they need that massive armed response! [/snark]). I haven't sorted out yet whether or not the owners were home, though reports mentioned that they did have guns in the house ("a stash", as though it were illegal). Either the owners were home & ran, or came home to find their house circled by police & let the cops know there were guns in the house.

I think I know the reaction if he'd broken into most of our houses... It certainly wouldn't have been a 6-hour standoff! More like "GET ON THE FLOOR!", enforced by pointing a pistol at him, and once he was there get on the phone to police. They could even come in the same way he did, so no more house breakage (unlike what really happened). Or if someone else was home, too, they could open the door.

Last edited: