• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A newb here...

UnfetteredMight

Section 232.1(1) bans the storage or possession of weapons (concealed or otherwise) in an
enclosed postal parking lot, whereas 18 U.S.C. § 930(a) bans simple possession of a firearm in a
federal facility/building provided the requisite notice is posted as described in § 930(h).

Enclosed parking lot, meaning inside of the gates, past the sign with the legal language on it.

I don't go inside that part, I merely use the parking lot that's open to the public.

Start at the bottom of page 11 of your above link.

http://volokh.com/files/dorosan.pdf

It should also be noted that the above mentioned case was a Postal Employee who had ammunition inside of the Post Office building itself and a load concealed handgun inside of his vehicle while it was parked inside the gated portion of the parking lot.

Touche', I see your point.

I would have to agree that it does seem to allow "pass through" traffic.