I voted for you, Governor Walker.
I am writing you to urge you to do a few things that will enhance our gun rights in a money saving way.
1. Repeal 941.23, the concealed carry law. This particular law was passed in the 1800's and has been shown to be in violation of Wisconsin's Article 1, Section 25 of the Constitution, which was passed in 1998. There have been several recent rulings to support this. Judge Jon Counsel, the Circuit Judge in Clark County has ruled it unconstitutional. District Attorney Fox has issued a memo declaring it is unenforceable in Jackson County. http://www.wisconsinappeals.net/wp-c...0/Schultz1.pdf http://www.co.jackson.wi.us/html/dis...%20Chicago.pdf
2. Repeal 167.31, vehicle carry of a loaded firearm.
3. Repeal 941.235, firearms in public buildings
4. Repeal 941.237, firearms where alcoholic beverages are sold for consumption
5. Repeal 941.24, prohibition of switch blades.
Items 2-5 have been deemed unconstitutional in the Jackson County DA's memo outlined above.
In addition, the Wisconsin Republican platform was changed this year to support unlicensed open and concealed carry.
Also, the tsunami that is the Republican takeover is because we the people are tired of being taxed and regulated to death. To implement a licensed concealed carry system would require additional hiring both at the state and county level for administration as well as fees.
AK, AZ and VT have no licensing and training requirement for both open and concealed carry and there has not been any issues. UT is considering doing this in 2011 as well
Please get the Legislative Resource Board working on implementing these changes.