• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BladeTech holster... normal?

Metalhead47

Finally got my Bladetech holster in after nearly a month (they're busy, I understand). First thing I noticed is the gun doesn't "snick" into place like the Fobus holster. It does seems pretty secure with the tension adjusted, but that little "snick" was very reassuring.

Second thing I notice is that with the gun pushed all the way into the holster, it pushes the slide back about 1/16th of an inch. Not nearly enough to push it out of battery, but still...

Thoughts on this? I reeeeeealy don't want to have to go thru the trouble of shipping this back to BT (and then dealing with the :cuss: signature required at the PO).

G20-IWB24/7

Call them up on Monday, tell them the issues and let them know you would rather not have to wait another month for a replacement. Bladetech is a good company with good customer service. They'll take care of you. All of my BT's have that 'snick' you are referring to.

-G20

amlevin

Second thing I notice is that with the gun pushed all the way into the holster, it pushes the slide back about 1/16th of an inch. Not nearly enough to push it out of battery, but still...

Even some leather holsters will do this. Isn't an issue as being out of battery is no big deal when holstered. If the slide returns to battery when you draw, and the friction of the holster will most likely assist this, then it will be a non-issue. You might take some car wax and rub the inside of the holster in the slide area. This will reduce any friction that might be causing the problem.

tombrewster421

Call them up on Monday, tell them the issues and let them know you would rather not have to wait another month for a replacement. Bladetech is a good company with good customer service. They'll take care of you. All of my BT's have that 'snick' you are referring to.

-G20

I second this. They will take care of you. I had an older model holster that broke where one of the belt loops attached and they just gave me a newer model for nothing. No issues with it at all. Not sure if you went to their wherehouse to order it but if you didn't you could always go there between 7 and 4 on weekdays and speak with them in person. They are located at the end of Canyoun Rd. In Frederickson.